topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 1:54 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: CircleDock Hotkeys with 2 non-toggle keys  (Read 5978 times)

daddydave

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • test
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
CircleDock Hotkeys with 2 non-toggle keys
« on: May 22, 2010, 10:07 AM »
I can't say that I've ever seen a hotkey with more than one non-toggle key in it. How do I enter Alt-Space-N? (see image attachment)Screenshot - 5_22_2010 , 10_48_41 AM.png

« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 10:08 AM by daddydave »

Markham

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
Re: CircleDock Hotkeys with 2 non-toggle keys
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 11:58 AM »
Then you haven't heard of "WordStar" - a highly popular word processor from the early days of PC computing. It was one of the best examples of a raft of programs that used multiple-key hotkeys to perform commands; so popular was it that WordStar command sequences became an quasi- industry standard.

To send the hotkey sequence Alt+Space+N, simply press and hold the Alt key, then press the space bar followed by the N key. You can release the Alt key either immediately before or after pressing the N key.

Mark

daddydave

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • test
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 12:21 PM »
Then you haven't heard of "WordStar" - a highly popular word processor from the early days of PC computing. It was one of the best examples of a raft of programs that used multiple-key hotkeys to perform commands; so popular was it that WordStar command sequences became an quasi- industry standard.

I've heard of it but I was using WordPerfect and Perfect Writer (a funny little program that put menus right smack dab in the middle of the screen) in those days. The Turbo Pascal 2.0 IDE which I used in those days copied some of the WordStar keys, but all I think all I remember is Ctrl-Y.

To send the hotkey sequence Alt+Space+N, simply press and hold the Alt key, then press the space bar followed by the N key. You can release the Alt key either immediately before or after pressing the N key.

Mark

These don't seem to work for me. It could well be a conflict with another program but I tried to close everything with a hotkey or that manipulates the keyboard and I still can't any of the double-key ones to work. I wonder if it has something to do with the fact I am running the 64 bit version of Windows 7 (and CircleDock). In either case, no biggie.

Markham

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 01:13 AM »
I have investigated this and found there to be an intermittent problem caused by some sloppy coding by my predecessor. I have fixed it for the next release.

Mark

daddydave

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • test
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 07:16 AM »
I have investigated this and found there to be an intermittent problem caused by some sloppy coding by my predecessor. I have fixed it for the next release.

Mark
Excellent.

daddydave

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • test
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 11:16 AM »
I am curious to try to new release once it comes. I was attempting to map the calculator key to the CircleDock show/hide toggle (I used Win-Shift-C I think) using Intellitype and it almost worked but for some reason it acted as if it was still holding the Win key down afterwards, so if I hit R, it would act as if I hit Win-R for example until I hit the Win key myself. This may not have been CircleDock's fault, but if the original keyboard coding was sloppy and you rewrote it, I wonder if works correctly now. Either way, doesn't really matter, it's just a curiosity.

By the way, it is pretty easy to accidentally fail to record a Win key up state in the Intellitype macro software, but I checked that and tried a known good macro and had the same issue.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 11:22 AM by daddydave »

sgtevmckay

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • Magis Esse
    • View Profile
    • Rainmeter
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 12:50 PM »
Interesting.....

As I do not utilize Hotkeys, too many for this lame duck to remember  :-[
I am starting to wonder if this is not some sort of windows left over thing???
I do know that I do not get this issue with the Hotkeys I have programmed into my mouse via SetPoint tools, but may be a different matter altogether  :huh:

Markham is out of town visiting homeland and family, but I am sure he will revisit this issue once he returns