Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site December 21, 2014, 05:14:45 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: WinPatrol Plus @ $0.99 on January 29th  (Read 10180 times)
MerleOne
Supporting Member

4D thinking

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: January 25, 2010, 06:07:50 AM »

Goto http://billpstudios.blogs...ftware-experiment-of.html ((Seen on Raymond.cc forum)

.merle1.
Darwin
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 09:07:24 AM »

Wow! Thanks for posting this, MerleOne  Thmbsup I've already purchased a license for my own machine, but this will let me upgrade my secondary notebook (regular version is fine for my wife).

WinPatrol is "must have" software, it's one of the first things that I install on any computer I am setting up. I hope this experiement "works" for Bill - his support, his software, and his blog are awesome.

"Some people have a way with words, other people,... oh... have not way" - Steve Martin
MilesAhead

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 09:56:25 PM »

Wow! Thanks for posting this, MerleOne  Thmbsup I've already purchased a license for my own machine, but this will let me upgrade my secondary notebook (regular version is fine for my wife).

WinPatrol is "must have" software, it's one of the first things that I install on any computer I am setting up. I hope this experiement "works" for Bill - his support, his software, and his blog are awesome.

I think the WinPatrol license is one of those "all the computers you own" types.  On the site it says:
Single License valid on all your personal desktops and laptops!

Don't know if spouse counts or not, but for 99 cents it's academic.

"I worked myself up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty."
- Groucho Marx
mwb1100
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 11:46:15 PM »

Don't know if spouse counts or not...

The 'normal' license is single user (for multiple computers) - there's a family license for a bit more money if you want to put it on computers used by the spouse, kids, etc. 

but like you said - at 99 cents, just load up.
Darwin
Charter Member

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 01:30:12 AM »

but like you said - at 99 cents, just load up.

Hmm... didn't know about the family license. I'll look into that. Either way, I'm down for a 99 cent license - I'd be crazy not to! FWIW, my mum just got a netbook so I can always use the second license there.

"Some people have a way with words, other people,... oh... have not way" - Steve Martin
MerleOne
Supporting Member

4D thinking

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 01:38:12 AM »

I just hope Bill's server won't overload...

.merle1.
Curt
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 02:13:45 AM »

One license only for one machine only per customer.

I’m curious and thinking a crazy single day experiment could be fun and may be worth the risk. So what the hell. If you want to upgrade to WinPatrol PLUS on January 29th, I’ll give you a lifetime WinPatrol membership for less than a dollar. Instead of the regular price of $29.95 I’ll provide a coupon on WinPatrol.com that brings the price down to $0.99 USD. That comes out to approx. .70 € to our international friends

This will be a one-day only “experiment” starting at midnight EST on Jan 29th and will last 24 hours. Will over 30 times the normal number customers upgrade to WinPatrol PLUS? If so, will other software developers notice?

Like our current $30 plan, the 99¢ license will be good for life. Like sales in the App Store or Droid Market however, this license is only valid for a single computer. Coupons are also limited to one per customer. Sound fair enough? If you’ve been someday planning on upgrading to WinPatrol PLUS, January 29th is the day to remember. Just go to www.WinPatrol.com this Friday and you may be a part of history.
MilesAhead

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 02:22:11 PM »

One license only for one machine only per customer.

Hope it's not a trial balloon to go to license per each machine in future. Sad

"I worked myself up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty."
- Groucho Marx
TucknDar
Charter Member

Advanced coder of Nowt

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 02:39:32 PM »

at that price, if it's good software, buying 5 licenses wouldn't be too expensive, anyway Thmbsup
Darwin
Charter Member

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2010, 05:45:30 PM »

at that price, if it's good software, buying 5 licenses wouldn't be too expensive, anyway Thmbsup

My thinking as well! However, there is a "one license" per customer limit, which is fair enough.

tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2010, 05:00:10 AM »

Bump - 29th today Wink

Tom
Darwin
Charter Member

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2010, 09:03:25 AM »

Thanks for the reminder, Tom  Thmbsup Plus code ordered for my wife's notebook. She doesn't need the upgraded functionality, but I couldn't pass it up!

MerleOne
Supporting Member

4D thinking

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2010, 11:09:27 AM »

I had a strange issue when ordering my 2nd license : I got a TaskCatcher license instead.  Bill sent me manually the correct license when I notified him.  I did the order process another time, more slowly, and guess what : another TC license...

.merle1.
tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2010, 11:13:45 AM »

I had a strange issue when ordering my 2nd license : I got a TaskCatcher license instead.  Bill sent me manually the correct license when I notified him.  I did the order process another time, more slowly, and guess what : another TC license...

could it be cause you're only supposed to get one license per person?
When I got it it, after making payment, it asked me to fill in name again in order to get the plus key. It then said there was a problem with cookies & that it couldn't figure out was I looking for winpatrol or the Taskcatcher and gave me a page where I could choose.

Tom
Curt
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2010, 11:32:06 AM »

- me too. Only, for some reason I couldn't read the text, so I grabbed both, thinking TaskCatcher was some freeware.
Darwin
Charter Member

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2010, 12:20:49 PM »

How could you guys telll that you got the wrong code? I haven't gotten near my wife's computer, yet, so haven't input it.

MerleOne
Supporting Member

4D thinking

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2010, 01:23:00 PM »

could it be cause you're only supposed to get one license per person?
When I got it it, after making payment, it asked me to fill in name again in order to get the plus key. It then said there was a problem with cookies & that it couldn't figure out was I looking for winpatrol or the Taskcatcher and gave me a page where I could choose.

Nope, Bill has changed his offer and now it's up to 2 licenses / user.  And I used a different PC.

.merle1.
Darwin
Charter Member

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2010, 01:36:41 PM »

How could you guys telll that you got the wrong code? I haven't gotten near my wife's computer, yet, so haven't input it.

Never mind - I entered the code that I received and it worked!

Bionic71
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2012, 11:11:10 AM »

WinPatrol PLUS Super 99 Cent Experiment II

http://billpstudios.blogs...r-99-cent-experiment.html

Starting at Noon EST on Monday, April 16th 2012 and will end Noon EST on Wednesday April 18th, 2012.
Redhat
Charter Member

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2012, 01:09:37 PM »

Thanks Bionic71, grabbed a copy  cheesy
wraith808
Supporting Member

"In my dreams, I always do it right."

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2012, 01:39:35 PM »

Thanks... grabbed a family pack! (which are $9.99 for the duration of this sale)

Jibz
Developer

Cold Warrior

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2012, 02:24:54 PM »

I just bought a family pack as well, which got me a page with a code for Task Catcher huh.

Check what you get when you order, the process seems a little flaky.

"A problem, properly stated, is a problem on it's way to being solved" -Buckminster Fuller
"Multithreading is just one damn thing after, before, or simultaneous with another" -Andrei Alexandrescu
Curt
Supporting Member

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2012, 02:29:53 PM »

-Task Catcher is usually a gift on top of the deal.
x16wda
Supporting Member

what am I doing in this handbasket?

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2012, 04:15:08 PM »

I snagged a Family Pack as well, not just because it's good stuff but to encourage more of this sort of thing :-)

vi vi vi - editor of the beast
wraith808
Supporting Member

"In my dreams, I always do it right."

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2012, 04:23:21 PM »

I just bought a family pack as well, which got me a page with a code for Task Catcher huh.

Check what you get when you order, the process seems a little flaky.

I didn't get a code at all yet...

Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.045s | Server load: 0.16 ]