topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 4:02 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IDEA: Create apps similar to TweepML for other Social Networking sites  (Read 3922 times)

GrowMap

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • GrowMap Avatar
    • View Profile
    • GrowMap: MAP Your Path to GROW Your Business
    • Donate to Member
First I want to say that I am not a programmer but I would like to be a regular here so I welcome input from anyone on what is feasible and what is not. I suspect that many ideas I may have are not really snacks. If any are interested in developing them I am willing to alpha test, provide feedback, and then market their ideas (free or fee) for them.

I'll start with this idea and you can all throw water at me if it is too large a job. For a long time bloggers have been posting lists of Twitter users by niche and sites like Twellow let you search by niche but the TweepML folks have finally provided a great solution (which Twitter has announced they plan to copy).

TweepML allows you to easily save and share lists of Twitter users so others can easily follow them. It scrapes all the Twitter IDs on a particular page for you as explained on their Tweep Gen Generate page. Then you just post or send the list page and someone can add their Twitter info, keep or remove anyone from the list, and follow them.

There would be a huge interest in something similar for other Social Networking sites and for me specifically StumbleUpon and FriendFeed. Feasible? Complicated? Feedback greatly appreciated.

There are so many things I wish I could automate that if anyone wants some ideas for apps they could create and potentially sell I hope they'll contact me through my blog or at Twitter or FriendFeed or StumbleUpon or anywhere else you can find me as GrowMap.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
It scrapes all the Twitter IDs on a particular page
thats an interesting idea to do that for other sites -- especially in comment threads.. might make a good firefox plugin.