Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 25, 2014, 02:09:04 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the Practical Guide to DonationCoder.com Forum Search Features

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Combining 2 or more DC codes to work together (BatteryRun+PowerScheme)  (Read 2394 times)
paarkhi
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: October 01, 2009, 12:13:29 AM »

Friends,
Starting here a discussion whether anyone has combined 2 or more DC codes to work together and if yes then they can post it here for the benefit of others
Let me post the first I don't know whether it'll be useful for you or not but sometimes it is for me....(Mainly for Laptop users)

Here i have taken Skrommel's BatteryRun and Skwire's PowerschemeToggler

So now the BatteryRun toggles my PowerScheme whenever the power goes off and if it is running....
Thought might help someone...

How can it be achieved...
1) Download both codes and keep the PowerSchemeToggler in the same folder of BatteryRun and run it.
2) Set your desired Powerschemes, make it for example 1)PowerSaveer 2)High Performance.
3) Run cmd window and open the BatteryRun Folder to run BatteryRun.exe
4) Type exact command given here... Suppose you have BatteryRun.exe in C:\user\batteryrun then
    C:\user\BatteryRun>batteryrun.exe "powerschemetoggler.exe -toggle" "powerschemetoggler.exe -toggle"
5) -toggle is the command with powerschemetoggler.exe to toggle powerschemes, you can generate a shortcut from the main program to toggle
    if you don't want to use it with BatteryRun.

If any other user has come across combining 2 DC utilities or Codes, Kindly post them here for others...
Hope you Enjoy!!!
Thanking you all for bearing with me and reading this post until the end.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 12:17:51 AM by paarkhi » Logged
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 12:38:16 AM »

That's very clever actually.
[My Toshiba laptop has something like this included in a proprietary utility -- and there may be other free tools designed specifically for this].

I wonder if it's worth combining the two utilities into one, and including some more options that could do things like change the wallpaper color to help identify the current mode.
Perry Mowbray
N.A.N.Y. Organizer
Charter Member

Thoughtful Scribbles

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 01:08:29 AM »

I wonder if it's worth combining the two utilities into one, and including some more options that could do things like change the wallpaper color to help identify the current mode.

Actually, this is specifically what I designed AMPL for, so that you could have various settings in different scripts and select the one you want in FARR

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.025s | Server load: 0.16 ]