Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 16, 2014, 10:35:30 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the full one-year retrospective report on DonationCoder.com.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: How to host you Windows 7 house party... wtf?  (Read 7455 times)
simakuutio
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: September 24, 2009, 02:13:46 AM »

Yes, this came just out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cX4t5-YpHQ

And ok, I'm not living in US and such, this looks like very very very weird stuff to me...

Hell no, I'm not going to party like they do... that's for sure...
Innuendo
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 10:41:10 AM »

One of my best friends signed up to host a Windows 7 house party. At this point in time it looks like he's been selected and will be receiving one of those signed copies of Windows 7.
40hz
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 02:20:29 PM »

Sounds like the geek equivalent of a home lingerie show. tongue

Don't you see? It's turtles all the way down!
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 02:22:34 PM »

I have a feeling there are going to be tons of satirical versions of this.
Here's one to get you started:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyas7BrbUFY
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 02:29:55 PM »

What I want to know is, seriously, what person high up at Microsoft is really a mole planted by Apple to destroy Microsoft? Or is it the entire company?

40hz
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 02:58:16 PM »

I think you underestimate Microsoft's capabilities. They don't need an Apple mole. They're perfectly capable of destroying themselves without any assistance from 3rd parties.

Speaking of which...

Am I the only person here that would dearly love to see somebody smack Justin Long across the back of the head with one of those 17 inch MacBook Pros?

Don't you see? It's turtles all the way down!
cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 02:58:45 PM »

What I want to know is, seriously, what person high up at Microsoft is really a mole planted by Apple to destroy Microsoft? Or is it the entire company?
Hey, there are some useful tips in there for the socially inept... address your guests by name, for example.
Perhaps that's why those long bored board weekends of yours aren't overly crowded  Wink

Chris
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 06:03:34 PM »

Hey, there are some useful tips in there for the socially inept... address your guests by name, for example.

hahahah  Grin Grin Grin Grin

yeah.. i'd love to see microsoft expand a bit and make some videos for the rest of us just on general stuff like.. how to trick people into being your friends.  how to throw a birthday party.. how to go on a date.. how to have a conversation with your friends, etc.
Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2009, 09:03:07 PM »

hahahah  Grin Grin Grin Grin

yeah.. i'd love to see microsoft expand a bit and make some videos for the rest of us just on general stuff like.. how to trick people into being your friends.  how to throw a birthday party.. how to go on a date.. how to have a conversation with your friends, etc.

Windows 7 House Parties: For geeks, by geeks.

MilesAhead

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2009, 09:07:23 PM »

Hmmmmmm, for some reason I get an AmWay flashback.  Like, you try to sell AmWay to your friends only to find out they were already in the pyramid before you thought of getting into it.  Nothing to do but rent a storage locker for tons of powdered soap.

"Genius is not knowing you can't do it that way."
- MilesAhead
app103
That scary taskbar girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2009, 09:09:28 PM »

Nothing to do but rent a storage locker for tons of powdered soap.

Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2009, 09:10:58 PM »

I just noticed in the video toward the end: There's a clock on the oven behind them, and you can see where they spliced the video because time keeps going back and forth.

Or maybe time travel is one of the new features of Windows 7? Kiss

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2009, 09:14:33 PM »

or maybe the people on that video are trapped in a hellish world of continual windows 7 parties and party planning 24 hours a day.
Innuendo
Charter Member

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2009, 10:36:49 PM »

Or maybe time travel is one of the new features of Windows 7?

It's going to be Microsoft's answer to Apple's Time Machine.  smiley
cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2009, 07:31:27 AM »

There's a clock on the oven behind them, and you can see where they spliced the video because time keeps going back and forth.
Sure that's a clock and not a device for measuring the up time of 7?

Chris
qwibbles
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2009, 07:37:06 AM »

RE: the clock ...... Maybe it uses the same advanced time estimation features as the file copy dialog  smiley
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2009, 11:49:15 AM »

That video is sooooo scary!

Hirudin
Charter Member

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2009, 01:09:47 PM »

or maybe the people on that video are trapped in a hellish world of continual windows 7 parties and party planning 24 hours a day.
HAHAHAHA!
tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2009, 02:09:34 PM »

HAHAHAHA!

they wake up every morning, check the date - damn, it's windows 7 day again

Tom
cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2009, 03:31:54 PM »

Tried the latest party food?
New... Cheesy dip-sticks.

Chris
Darwin
Charter Member

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2009, 05:26:26 PM »

Damn! I searched the forum for Win7, Win 7, Windows, and party and received no "hits" so I went ahead and started my own thread about this  embarassed. If a mod wants to merge the two threads, I'd support the idea.

Tried the latest party food?
New... Cheesy dip-sticks.

"Some people have a way with words, other people,... oh... have not way" - Steve Martin
anthony.qld
Participant

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2009, 02:27:51 AM »

It really sucks. I was a confirmed host then was switched to inactive finalist for some reason. No idea why, I did everything asked.

Seriously pissed off. 78 confirmed guests so far to what looks like it might be a Windows 7 RC party as I can't cancel as people will still be bound to turn up. Anyway since they were the ones that royally screwed up I'll have to send them the invoice for any expenses for my party (and yes I have checked with my sisters boyfriend sister who's a lawyer, and they are liable for any expenses as they were the ones that made the error and also mentioned I can invoice them for my time)
MilesAhead

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2009, 11:32:56 AM »

HAHAHAHA!

they wake up every morning, check the date - damn, it's windows 7 day again

Have they hired Bill Murray for the lead?  Geez I hope I don't have to watch him commit suicide 64(or some other power of 2) more times!!

"Genius is not knowing you can't do it that way."
- MilesAhead
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.055s | Server load: 0.13 ]