Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 02, 2014, 04:26:32 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Check out and download the GOE 2007 Freeware Challenge productivity tools.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: How can I "turn off" (not disable) extended monitor  (Read 4967 times)
tucreppa
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: August 20, 2009, 10:52:27 PM »

How can I "turn off" (not disable) extended monitor
Yes, it will act same as I press the physical turn off button on the extended monitor only. (I really mean monitor only, but the graphic adapter will continue drawing for that extended desktop)

I already make a shortcut to turn off Extended desktop system, but that make all my programs which were located on the extended desktop move to the main screen.  This make it complicate when I need to move them to extended desktop again when I enable it..

Now I use "Wizmo.exe monoff" ... but it turn off both monitor
Can I have some shortcut or command that act like the above... but turn off only the exteded monitor.

Thx in an advance.

lol I just see the sub-board to post the new request... hmm sry
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 10:56:42 PM by tucreppa » Logged
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 02:33:51 PM »

From what I read here, Ultramon can disable the secondary monitor.
I don't know how they do it, but this might be a clue as it can be done Wink

Carol Haynes
Waffles for England (patent pending)
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 03:42:30 PM »

Depends on your graphics card software. I have an nVidia setup and you can use the nVidia Control Panel to switch off either monitor.

emmapeel
Participant

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 11:45:35 AM »

tucreppa, I now what you wonna do. But I can't imagine any usecase for that. Why not simple switch off manually? Is the switch not easy reachable, or are you simple too lazy (like me often  Wink )?

Could you give any hint?
r0bertdenir0
Supporting Member

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 04:50:07 AM »

I don't have the time 2 do it ryt now but this would be a small app in autohotkey that checks the size & position of the secondary monitor & overlays it with a black screen when you press yr hotkey.
Press again & the overlay wud go away - this wudn't turn off the monitor but give a similar effect.
If you wanna do a proper turn off that's a hardware thing (I think).
Maybe if yr secondary monitor is plugged into an X10 switch & then yr hotkey would use the X10 USB interface to toggle that monitor on/off.
But it's possible the Windows Power API's have some obscure method that allows you 2 turn individual monitors on/off rather than all monitors.
Think the AHK idea wud be the quickest to implement.
Maybe take skrommel's ghoster app & modify it a little.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.04s | Server load: 0.14 ]