Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site July 30, 2014, 08:16:10 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2014! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: IDEA: £ on a non-uk keyboard  (Read 3161 times)
mediaguycouk
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: August 16, 2009, 07:47:54 AM »

I was hoping someone could write a simple AHK script for me.

All I need is that when Alt-GR + 3 is pressed then a £ is sent (send ASC 0163)

Learning C# - Graham Robinson
cyberdiva
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 10:39:10 AM »

If your keyboard has a numeric keypad, wouldn't it be just as easy to hold down the ALT key and press 0163?  This is the method I use all the time, not just for £ and € but also for non-English characters such as é, ü, ¿, and ç.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 10:42:07 AM by cyberdiva » Logged
lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 10:53:25 AM »

this should work but as i don't have an AltGr key, i can't test it. (it works with with Alt+3). so try both left & right Alt keys and let me know. smiley

[copy or print]
SendMode, Input

; <^>! stands for AltGr
<^>!3::
!3::
     Send, {ASC 0163}
Return

Carol Haynes
Waffles for England (patent pending)
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 01:12:13 PM »

Yep - works fine on my keyboard.

mediaguycouk
Supporting Member

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 01:47:23 PM »

The idea was for someone with a laptop (hence doesn't really have a numpad to type it in), however I suppose a laptop won't have a AltGr key either will it Sad

Thanks for this.

lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2009, 07:31:03 PM »

if your friend's laptop doesn't have a AltGr key, they can use the Alt+3 combination instead.

mediaguycouk
Supporting Member

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 01:50:09 AM »

does the <^>! command need to change to use normal alt?

(Many thanks for this btw)

lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 03:36:43 AM »

you don't have to change, unless you want to.. smiley if AltGr key isn't available, this line <^>! is just ignored, as the normal alt (!) can be used to send the ascii code.

P.S. if you work with accented characters a lot, take a look at Skrommel's Accents script. it provides an easy way to define more characters.

mediaguycouk
Supporting Member

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2009, 03:38:42 AM »

P.S. if you work with accented characters a lot, take a look at Skrommel's Accents script. it provides an easy way to define more characters.

I sent it to the entire University of Southampton modern languages department a year or so ago but Sophos kept calling it a virus, so I gave up Sad

lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2009, 03:47:26 AM »

yes, false alarms are the bane of AHK scripts but you can always write a letter to Sophos regarding this problem.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.037s | Server load: 0.02 ]