topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 4:16 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: DONE: Tag2Folder-New Feature added 1.0.3 'Close Tag2Folders after Conversion'  (Read 93771 times)

paarkhi

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Sir, Can I request a feature for 'Close Afterwards' which is default on, either checkbox or in menu
Thanking you for the same

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Website | Download
v1.0.3 - 2009-11-13
    + Added "Close Tags 2 Folders after sorting" option.  (Thanks, paarkhi)
    * Recurse & Show Folder options are remembered between sessions.

paarkhi

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Works Perfectly as Desired, and as usual Thank you, Now I think it has almost come to a full blown application and offers all the features which a full blown application can offer...

Really Thank you, I don't get tired requesting and you don't get tired by fulfilling it, and Thank you for the same.

:Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

TT1

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Tag2Folder issues and request
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2010, 02:17 PM »
I hope this is the appropriate place to make comments and suggestions.  First off, great little program .. just what I was looking for.  These are some thoughts that came to mind as I tried it out for the first time.  I hope they can be of help...

- Tags2Folders doesn't remove its temp folder/files ($$$$$_Tags2Folders_temp) it created in the Windows temp directory.  Is this intentional?

- The program has a problem when used on a system with a different DPI setting (Rt.click on Desktop, Settings, Advanced, DPI setting, set to 120dpi).  Some of the text is partially missing. (see: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=129586)

- Doesn't maintain Created datestamps on the copied/moved files.  Could this be added.  Sometimes Created is useful when sorting/finding/organizing files.

- There's no way to pause or abort the process once started, short of hitting the big "X".  Could the 'Go' bar act as a toggle?

- If files are already in the destination, could you skip the copy/move if filename and MD5 matches (as an option).  This might speed things up, effectively copying/moving only those files that aren't already in the destination.

- Could config.ini to be changed to Tags2Folders.ini?  That way the program could exist in a directory where other programs create or read a config.ini.

- Config.ini doesn't remember Copy/Move option.  Could this be added?

- Will this work with 10,000+ files (due to limited buffer space, etc.)?  I just want to make sure before I let'er rip...  ;>)

Thanks.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I hope this is the appropriate place to make comments and suggestions.  First off, great little program .. just what I was looking for.  These are some thoughts that came to mind as I tried it out for the first time.  I hope they can be of help...

Thanks for the compliment and feedback.  Yep, this is the place for requests and suggestions.   :)

- Tags2Folders doesn't remove its temp folder/files ($$$$$_Tags2Folders_temp) it created in the Windows temp directory.  Is this intentional?
- Doesn't maintain Created datestamps on the copied/moved files.  Could this be added.  Sometimes Created is useful when sorting/finding/organizing files.
- There's no way to pause or abort the process once started, short of hitting the big "X".  Could the 'Go' bar act as a toggle?
- Could config.ini to be changed to Tags2Folders.ini?  That way the program could exist in a directory where other programs create or read a config.ini.
- Config.ini doesn't remember Copy/Move option.  Could this be added?

Website | Download
v1.0.4 - 2010-02-19
    + Added option to preserver file modification times.  (Thanks, TT1)
    + Added capability to cancel file processing once started.  (Thanks, TT1)
    * Copy/Move files options is now remembered between sessions.  (Thanks, TT1)
    * Changed configuration file name to Tags2Folders.ini.  (Thanks, TT1)
    ! Temp folder is removed properly now.  (Thanks, TT1)

- The program has a problem when used on a system with a different DPI setting (Rt.click on Desktop, Settings, Advanced, DPI setting, set to 120dpi).  Some of the text is partially missing. (see: http://go.microsoft....wlink/?LinkID=129586)

Hmmm...I do have code in place for 120DPI boxes and it looks fine on my test VM under that DPI setting.  Would you mind posting a screenshot and I'll fix it in the next build?

- If files are already in the destination, could you skip the copy/move if filename and MD5 matches (as an option).  This might speed things up, effectively copying/moving only those files that aren't already in the destination.

I don't overwrite any existing files so they should be "skipped" already.

- Will this work with 10,000+ files (due to limited buffer space, etc.)?  I just want to make sure before I let'er rip...  ;>)

Yes, shouldn't be a problem.  The slowest part is the actual copying/moving of the files.  The tag scanning is adapted from my Trout audio player and is very fast (if I may be so bold).  I'd be curious to know how it does perform for you, though.   :D

TT1

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Sorry for the delayed reply.  Here is a screeshot of the app, plus a couple of others...

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Gah...120 DPI issues will be the bane of my existence.  I'll endeavour to fix these soon.  Thanks.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Website | Download
v1.0.5 - 2010-03-06
    ! Fixed some 120 DPI graphical issues.  (Thanks, TT1)

BTW, TT1, did Tags 2 Folders work okay for you?

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
All the above 120 DPI glitches are now fixed.  Thanks, TT1...I'm sure you'll find others.  =]

TT1

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
"BTW, TT1, did Tags 2 Folders work okay for you?"

Before I do this I'm still going through and tagging my files.  I have several that have no tags, just "author - title.mp3".  Do you know of an easy way to write the author and title to the v1 and v2 tags from the filename?

The 120dpi fixes look good, but I need my reading glasses to see the tiny text...  ;>)

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Before I do this I'm still going through and tagging my files.  I have several that have no tags, just "author - title.mp3".  Do you know of an easy way to write the author and title to the v1 and v2 tags from the filename?

I use mp3Tag for all my tagging.  http://help.mp3tag.d...n_converter.html#ttf

The 120dpi fixes look good, but I need my reading glasses to see the tiny text...  ;>)

Apologies for that.  I don't really support the 120 DPI settings so much as ignore them.   :-[

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I don't really support the 120 DPI settings so much as ignore them.
;D ;D ;D

cldcp00

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Not Copying files
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2012, 08:51 AM »
For some reason which I cannot work out the programs is creating the folders correctly but not copying all the files into the folders
My settings
General Options Checked are
Show destination folder after run
Copy files to destination

Tag Options
Template: $artist
Missing tag text .=FixME=.

Thank you for any help

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Website | Download
v1.0.6 - 2012-02-20
    ! Any trailing spaces in tag info would prevent that file from being moved
      or copied.  (Thanks, D. Purcell)

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Website | Download
v1.0.8 - 2012-09-24
    + Added progress bar in the statusbar area.
    ! Added code to prevent a potential recursive issue when using the
      same folder for source and destination.
    ! Tags that use a "/" or a "\" will use a dash when creating a folder
      name from it.  (Thanks, Eduardo)

pat.rick

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I'm ordering my collection of music files. Came across this fine program. Thanx

For my ease of use I could use of another token. I have for example a collection cd of filmmusic. There are variuous artist on there. If I use tag2folder these songs will go in to seperate folders.

i would like to keep them together. I have make use of the tag "ALBUM ARTIST" in de songs. Would it be possible to use this token?

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hello, pat.rick, and welcome to the DonationCoder site.

i would like to keep them together. I have make use of the tag "ALBUM ARTIST" in de songs. Would it be possible to use this token?

Let me see what I can do.   :)

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Here you go, pat.rick.  Apologies for the wait.

Website | Download
v1.0.9 - 2012-12-04
    + Added $albumartist token.  Because there is no hard standard for an
      ALBUMARTIST tag, Tags 2 Folders evaulates for the following tags
      (in order): ALBUM ARTIST (APEv2 tag), ALBUMARTIST (APEv2 tag),
      MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMARTIST (APEv2 tag) & the ID3v2 TPE2 frame.
      (Thanks, pat.rick)
    + Added ability to edit and save multiple token strings.

pat.rick

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
wow, great!

that was really fast! Its running now on my music folder and it look just the way i hoped it would be.

thanks very much for adding and so fast!

pat.rick

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I Let v1.0.9 it run over night works like a charm I use the token $albumartist\$album

Got a few -= FixMe=- I changed them and run the whole thing again. Got a few fixme's again but mpetag says no wrong doing here. After inspection of the titels. It look like the remaining fixme's are song I bought with iTunes. Foobar my mediaplayer and mp3tag sees the albumartist. Even in explorer evrything seems ok but eventually I saw the problem. Those itunes files are m4a's

So this is a kinda long story to tell that tag2folder can't read the albumartist from m4a files

I can fix them manually but i thought I let you know!

Regards Patrick

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Can you provide me with a couple of those files?  I'll see if I can add support for the m4a format.

pat.rick

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Sure, I have send you some m4a's by e-mail

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Give this version a try and see if it recognises the ALBUMARTIST tags on your MP4 files.

Website | Download
v1.1.0 - 2012-12-08
    + Added ALBUMARTIST support for FLAC, OGG, WMA and MP4 files.

pat.rick

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
sorry for taking this so long.

It works thanks for fixing

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile