Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 18, 2014, 11:51:30 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2013! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Web Log Filter - discard and replace  (Read 2850 times)
btran007
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: July 07, 2009, 10:31:30 AM »

Hello All,

I am new newbie.  I am testing Web Log Filter but I have not successfully create a filter.  I want to remove all image references by using NoImages.txt rules but the lines containing the images (.jpg) still remain even though @Action: discard/replace.  How do you remove all image references and keep only the things you want?

Thank you in advance,
btran
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 11:33:35 AM »

i seem to be the only person on the planet who ever used Web Log Filter that it gave me a real fright to see a question about it.. definitely not one of my more popular tools.

i actually recently used Web Log Filter for the first time in a while and it took me a few tries to remember how to use it.. it's not the most obvious thing.  but it does work and serve a useful purpose.

one thing that tripped me up was remembering that it doesn't want to modify the original file, but create a new output file.

can you first make sure you can figure out how to get it to process your file and create a new output file, and then experiment a bit with getting it to reject lines.. once you get that working, let me know again if you still have trouble blocking images.

And definitely take a look at the included NoImages rule carefully -- it's just a sample and it may not cover all cases, etc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.032s | Server load: 0.11 ]