Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 31, 2014, 02:24:51 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Check out and download the GOE 2007 Freeware Challenge productivity tools.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Quick Image Cropping tool  (Read 3212 times)
Veign
Charter Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: June 21, 2009, 06:20:12 PM »

I released a new tool on Quick Thumbnail that lets you quickly and easily crop images (whether from your hard drive or through a URL).  Like most tools I make, I make them for personal use.  In this tool I wanted to quickly crop images and produce, potentially, several outputs.  While you are cropping you can press Crop at anytime to generate a new output.

Comments?

Link:
http://www.quickthumbnail.com/crop

tsaint
Charter Member

Hi from the a*** end of the earth

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 12:47:09 AM »

Crop quickly and efficiently - most definitely.
Most of the time tho, when I want or need to crop an image, I have a specific proportion in mind (eg 16:9 or 4:3). It would be very useful to have a drop down list so the cropping is constrained by the proportion selected.
Tony
Veign
Charter Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 08:30:36 AM »

Great idea. I will add this to a possible future upgrade.

Curt
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 02:50:57 PM »

- yes, same comment from me.. When I crop a picture, I almost always crop to 4:3. However, for an image to be large enough to even need to be cropped, it is quite often also larger than 2 MB. I think 2 MB is a very low limit.
Veign
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 08:17:56 AM »

Only reason for the 2M limit is so my server can stay running.  It seems that any larger and the large traffic spikes bring it down quickly.  I may try and increase it again, a little at a time, and see if the server can stay running.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.025s | Server load: 0.05 ]