topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 4:10 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Hotkey problem  (Read 3474 times)

glorythreads

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hotkey problem
« on: July 02, 2009, 05:33 PM »
I have a Gateway DX using Vista Ultimate with service pack one.  The multimedia keyboard program quit working. During boot up I receive the error message which says the program will close.  I deleted the keyboard driver and reinstalled it without results.   Gateway support's last suggestion was to restore the computer to it's original state.  It is a Chicony keyboard KB-0532,  Any ideas?

Glorythreads

Hirudin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Hotkey problem
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 06:05 PM »
I haven't had good experiences with Gateway "support", hopefully we can do you better.

What does the error message say exactly? What is the name of the keyboard program?

What happens if you try to launch the program manually? It might also help to launch it as an administrator.
Screenshot - 7_2_2009 , 4_58_20 PM.pngHotkey problem

Have you already searched for a new version of that program?

A long shot: open "Programs and Features" in the Control Panel and see if the keyboard program is in the list. If it is, it's possible it has some kind of "repair" option.
Screenshot - 7_2_2009 , 5_02_07 PM.pngHotkey problem

Welcome to Donation Coder!

glorythreads

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Hotkey problem
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 05:33 PM »
Many thanks for your replay.  Just before I attempted trying any of the fixes, I checked dates.  When the hotkeys stopped working, I had downloaded GIMP.  Either I did not download it correctly or did something else in the process.  Deleting GIMP enabled the hotkeys.

Thank you.
Glorythreads