topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 10:08 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: PHP Speedy - great way to speed up your website (also wordpress plug-in)  (Read 7061 times)

justice

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Okay this is an amazing bit of code - If you have a website that's php based then you'll definately benefit from this. What it does is combining CSS files into 1 file, combining all javascript into 1 file, setting expiry headers, caching options and gzip options on the site so that there's less overhead, smaller filesizes and improved loading times. There are options for all these things.

PHP Speedy is a script that you can install on your web server to automatically speed up the download time of your web pages. PHP Speedy automatically joins together all the appropriate files and compressed them, greatly reducing the load time of the page.

from some blog I forgot to note last week (screenshot made of Yslow firefox plugin on one of my sites)

More importantly, they have also made it available as a wordpress plugin!! Make sure you download version 0.52 though because the homepage doesn't link to the latest version in a clear manner and version 0.47 doesn't work well on the latest wordpress. I'm informing the author.

Also in the options it offers to include prototype js libraries amongst others but this is unnessecary if you aren't using them at the moment and will increase your js size - so only tick them if you know you'll benefit.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 05:38 AM by justice »

justice

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Importantly the page has a Donate button that we should support as donation coders, I think.

justice

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Nobody is using websites around here?  :huh: