topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:27 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: WinWarden transparency hotkeys not working  (Read 6765 times)

mohaqeq

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
WinWarden transparency hotkeys not working
« on: May 30, 2009, 04:01 PM »
Howdy,

I'm running WinWarden with the AutoHotKey script (& I've also tried this w/ the .exe version).  Everything I've tried w/ it seems to work except the hotkeys for transparency.  I can still adjust transparency by right-clicking the tray icon, but doing Alt followed by a number key resets the transparency of the active window to off, whatever it may have been & whatever number I choose.  Other hotkeys seem to work.

mohaqeq

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: WinWarden transparency hotkeys not working
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 08:36 PM »
Found a resolution.  I only know some elementary stuff about ahk scripting, but I looked at the script I'd downloaded & noticed that in the "TRANSPHKEY" section the value of the hotkey that's been invoked is passed on to the transpnum variable, which is then used in the "TRANSPARENCY" section to calculate the transparency level.  The hotkey, though, has the "!" character in it, but you only want the number that proceeds it.  Searched through ahk documentation & found the command for extracting the character.  Simply replace the line "transpnum:=A_ThisHotkey" w/ "StringRight transpnum,A_ThisHotkey,1" which tells it to assign the rightmost character in the hotkey to "transpnum".

Well, it's been educational talking to myself.

mohaqeq

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: WinWarden transparency hotkeys not working
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 08:38 PM »
Forgot to thank the authors of the script; I find it quite useful.