By the way, i got some questions.. please answer:
1.What is the idea if these donations and stuff?
2.What is the "best" non-waiting site to upload/download files?
3.What is the best version of visual basic?
4.What API and API-calls are? how they work and where i need em?
5.I needed lots of help-sites to get all the functions like "Browser.Forward"...Where i can see/how do people know these functions?
6.What "Dim" means?
That`s all...for now...
1) The DC Credits system is a way for forum members to reward one another for good information, programs, or other things
2) If you're serious about getting into coding, mouser does have a great
) FTP/web space server system that he will host for free for you
3) Visual Basic Express Edition 2008 is the newest version, so I would stick with that (Visual Studio has a service pack, not sure about the Express Editions)
4) API calls are calls to deep Windows to do special things - from basic to complex/dangerous things. I don't work a lot with API calls in VB myself (I have learned a bit from various snippets around the web), but API calls can do virtually anything if used correctly
5) I can help you with VB, and have made several small browsers myself (check the NANY 2009 thread for my small browser submission) - I have *lots* of random VB code, and would be happy
to help (my contact info
/send me a PM)
6) Dim statements are ways to define data in memory - for example, if you wanted to save the current URL to an area in memory, you could do something like:
Dim MyCurrentURL As String
MyCurrentURL = Browser.URL.ToString
Where MyCurrentURL is the name of the variable to hold in RAM, the String is the text data holder, and the 2nd line tells VB to fill MyCurrentURL with the URL value from Browser after converting it to a String (to ensure no errors during runtime).
EDIT: Also, nice work on the browser. I'm downloading it now