Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 24, 2014, 12:00:20 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2013! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Few questions  (Read 3326 times)
djbobo
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: May 13, 2009, 04:50:15 AM »

Hi,

I have some things I would like to do w/ FARR and I don't know if it's possible, few of them are to turn FARR into a runner/launcher app and less a searching app.
1. Sometimes, I just want run something which the system recognizes w/o searching. like running explorer or some other application which dir is in the windows %path%.
2. I know there is an issue with network shares. but I would really like to just to type \\remote-pc\ and hit enter w/o searching recursively. Or, to be a little more greedy, and let FARR return then a search results only within the current level of the share, and then just continue to browsing like that until I reach my desired folder.
3. Could be aliases commands added to history as I use them a lot?

Thanks
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 04:57:06 AM »

1. Sometimes, I just want run something which the system recognizes w/o searching. like running explorer or some other application which dir is in the windows %path%.

just type:

run yourfile.exe

farr will search the path and find and run it.

---

#3 is coming.
#2 let me think about.
djbobo
Participant

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 05:58:28 AM »

Thanks mouser,
But why isn't it working using an alias?
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 11:41:51 AM »

"run" is an alias -- it simply tells farr to launch what you type after the "run" keyword.
i.e. the run alias is:
run $$1 | $$1 /ICON=icons\farr\core-sysutils_run.ico
djbobo
Participant

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 06:32:19 AM »

OK, made that work as a workaround to just open network shared.
[copy or print]
\\$$1 | explorer.exe "\\$$1"
Many thanks.
jdmarch
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 06:05:20 PM »

3. Could be aliases commands added to history as I use them a lot?

Please register another vote for this feature! Without it, I find myself using aliases less, since I would not be able to repeat the same command as quickly. Thank you!
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 06:10:32 PM »

one tip in the meantime is to use ctrl+up and ctrl+dn to cycle through your search history.
jdmarch
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 06:39:22 PM »

Thanks, mouser, that's handy!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.027s | Server load: 0.01 ]