Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site August 21, 2014, 03:14:56 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the Practical Guide to DonationCoder.com Forum Search Features

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: New program: Ethervane ActiveHotkeys (freeware)  (Read 99921 times)
tranglos
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2012, 03:41:19 PM »

New (February 2012): ActiveHotkeys is now hosted on my site at tranglos.com. This thread is still good for support and new version info, I'm not going anywhere :-)

No changes in functionality, but a standard installer and a portable version are now available. Latest version direct download:

« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 12:33:57 PM by tranglos » Logged

ewemoa
Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2012, 04:35:12 PM »

Any comments on the following?

Is there already support for VK_APPS (the key that brings up the context-sensitive menu)?

(I checked the thread so far, the docs, and the app itself but didn't have much luck figuring this out.)
tranglos
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2012, 04:54:16 PM »

Any comments on the following?

Is there already support for VK_APPS (the key that brings up the context-sensitive menu)?

(I checked the thread so far, the docs, and the app itself but didn't have much luck figuring this out.)

Let me get back to you on that. I am not sure VK_APPS can participate in hotkeys. Do you know of an app that uses it in a hotkey?

ewemoa
Honorary Member

« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2012, 05:22:53 PM »

Thanks for the response.

Do you know of an app that uses it in a hotkey?

Back when I made the original query I was in the process of writing one that did (this was in AHK) -- but I didn't end up releasing it.  Apart from that one I don't recall any at the moment.
tranglos
Supporting Member

« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2012, 05:52:51 PM »

Thanks for the response.

Do you know of an app that uses it in a hotkey?

Back when I made the original query I was in the process of writing one that did (this was in AHK) -- but I didn't end up releasing it.  Apart from that one I don't recall any at the moment.

Tried it, and sure enough, VK_APPS can be used in hotkeys. I'll add a test for it. Thanks!

ewemoa
Honorary Member

« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2012, 07:15:16 AM »

Tried it, and sure enough, VK_APPS can be used in hotkeys. I'll add a test for it.

Thanks!
tranglos
Supporting Member

« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2012, 08:06:52 AM »

New release 2012-02-15
ActiveHotkeys version 1.3.1 build 16

ADDED: support for the VK_APPS key (context menu key). Thanks, ewemoa!

Download the latest version here

Stoic Joker
Honorary Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2012, 09:27:37 AM »

Cool, I love this app ... Its saved my ass more than once.
ewemoa
Honorary Member

« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2012, 08:26:46 PM »

Thanks for the new release!

Just tested it with VK_APPS and it seemed to work fine  thumbs up
tranglos
Supporting Member

« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2012, 08:30:43 PM »

Thanks for the new release!

Just tested it with VK_APPS and it seemed to work fine  thumbs up

When I looked at the code, it was already handled. (It does need some special handling, because Delphi does not have a name built-in for this key, so it could not be displayed without additional hand-holding. It's a bug in XE and XE2, listed on QualityCentral).

What was missing was that I forgot to add the key to one of the groups, as AH always checks all keys in a group (alpha, numeric, etc.). So it could display it, but wasn't checking for it. I'm sorry it took so long!

doyusi
Supporting Member

« Reply #85 on: May 15, 2013, 07:50:18 AM »

Great app, thanks alot tranglos! I couldn't withheld my appreciation and donated as much as i can smiley

I was looking a long time for such an app to get an overview on existing hotkeys and to use this information to assign new hotkeys.

First i found "Hotkey Commander" but it crashes already at start (Win 7 64x).
Then i tested "Hotkey Explorer" which starts but freezes and doesn't respond few seconds after its start. But it seems to be able for this app to to figure out which hotkey is occupied by which application. May be you(tranglos) can do it, as well.

Additional info: The "standard installer" version (of ActiveHotkeys) doesn't work on my system. I get the error "This program can only be installed on versions of Windows designed for the following processor architectures: x86".
But the portable starts and works well as far.

Thanks alot again!
josh1978
Participant

« Reply #86 on: January 23, 2014, 07:21:01 PM »

Thank you for the program - very nice! But I'm not getting hotkeys that programs/applications use, say Microsoft Word. I ran the program and found that control + right arrow is empty, so I assigned that to a global shortcut.

Some time later I opened Microsoft Word, which uses this shortcut, and my global shortcut was ignored.

Not the end of the world. I just want to make sure I'm using your product right. I know that the tool won't identify which program uses the hotkey, but from what I understand, it should show that the hotkey is in use, correct?

Thanks!
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.036s | Server load: 0.07 ]