Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site July 22, 2014, 06:53:06 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

View the new Member Awards and Badges page.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: CTRL+Backspace should delete previous word, not last word  (Read 2803 times)
herojoker
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: April 30, 2009, 03:07:42 PM »

As mentioned in the subject using CTRL+Backspace should delete the word which is on the left side of the cursor, not the last word in the entered line. Unfortunately FARR does the latter.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 03:16:26 PM »

when would there be a difference? if the cursor is in the middle of the line? when would that happen in practice?
phitsc
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 04:33:36 PM »

I could imagine it being useful when used with plugins that take several "words" as input and one wants to delete one that is somewhere in the middle

mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 04:42:23 PM »

you can just double click on any word to select it, then delete to delete it.
phitsc
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 01:13:32 AM »

I thought FARR was for "keyboard maniacs" Wink Well, you can do Ctrl+Shift+Left and then Delete, so fair enough.

herojoker
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 06:40:14 AM »

Maybe there are workarounds but does this imply that this (unusual) behaviour should be ignored (I won't elaborate on why I don't like the workarounds...)?
Currently I can't say in which specific situations it happens that my cursor is in the middle of the input line, but sometimes it happens (in general everytime I want to correct a word).

It would really be nice if this were fixed  Thmbsup
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.029s | Server load: 0.11 ]