I'm sorry, ill share. It is not doable with google talk or notifier. I wanted gmail to act as default e-mail program, so when a program or my keyboard sent the command to open mail, gmail will be opened.
1. First I created a single exe, gmail.exe which simply opens gmail in browser (Only attached the .exe for the lazy people, becuase people who use ahk will know how to do it.
optional: 2. You are going to do a registery edit. No harm can be done, although it can be wise to backup it before going on.
3. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail
4. Create a new key called gmail, give it the value GMail (or whatever you want it to appear)
5. Make a new key, inside GMail, and name it shell
6. Make a key inside shell, and name it open
7. And final, make a new key in open command
If you did well, you'll have something like this:
8. Download the attached dot exe or create it yourself. Place it somewhere on your drive (I chose C:\gmail.exe)
9. Now navigate to the command key you just created. Change the default value to: "C:\gmail.exe"
10. Almost done! Now head for Control Panel and open up internet options. You now can select GMail as default e-mail client.