Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 02, 2014, 11:59:45 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 Next   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Total Commander 7.50 public beta 1 - mini-review  (Read 35158 times)
fenixproductions
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2009, 06:50:19 AM »

Should I post it to the main TC forum?
Yes and I see you've done it already smiley

Still I can't rerpoduce that but official board is better place for bug reports.

Надо было учиться, а не камни в школу бросать...
--
When I am bored I write for displaynone smiley
--
f0dder is my personal hero smiley
fenixproductions
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2009, 07:33:07 AM »

2all interested

I've contacted an author about discount and he couldn't agree for that but... he offered 10 free licences for DC members instead.

I think some kind of contest will start with the beginning of May smiley

--
--
cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2009, 08:38:17 AM »

2all interested

I've contacted an author about discount and he couldn't agree for that but... he offered 10 free licences for DC members instead.

Well done, fenix.
And thanks to the author for such a generous gesture.

Chris
TucknDar
Charter Member

Advanced coder of Nowt

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2009, 08:43:59 AM »

2all interested

Wow, 10 licenses is great! Good work, fenix and thank you mr. Ghisler!
Darwin
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2009, 08:58:54 AM »

Excellent work, fenixproductions  Thmbsup I have a licence and can highly recommend TotalCommander. The beta is working fine with Vista Ultiimate-64 as well...  smiley

"Some people have a way with words, other people,... oh... have not way" - Steve Martin
superboyac
Charter Member

Is your software in my list?

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2009, 11:32:33 AM »

2all interested

he's pretty generous, isn't he.  First, his license is remarkably flexible as far as using it on multiple computers.  Second, it's a real lifetime license.  Third, the program is already pretty cheap.

fenixproductions
Honorary Member

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2009, 11:51:23 AM »

2all
Thx.

2superboyac
IMHO right person on the right place smiley

--
--
fenixproductions
Honorary Member

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2009, 10:27:36 AM »

Total Commander 7.50 PB2 is out!

About 70 bugs from previous public beta have been fixed and few things added.

Announcement:
http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=22142

--
--
urlwolf
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2009, 05:19:37 AM »

anyone getting the built-in file association rules working cares to explain how to do it?
I've tried associating vim to ini files, but TC ignores it.

Thanks
fenixproductions
Honorary Member

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2009, 07:19:33 AM »

2urlwolf

No problems here with:

[copy or print]
[Associations]
Filter2=*.ini
Filter2_open=D:\totalcmd\tools\config\INIeditor\INIEdit.exe "%1"
Filter2.icon=D:\totalcmd\tools\config\INIeditor\INIEdit.exe

Double click loads INIEdit application.

Or, perhaps, you don't want it for Enter / Double click but for F4?

--
--
urlwolf
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2009, 10:00:29 AM »

hmm, it doesn't work for me; I had to remove the entire associations section, otherwise I'd get "file not found" popups.
That's ok, it kind of works now. no port. assoc. but at least I can do work.
I wonder when tweaking apps would stop being useful, and it must be about now smiley
jdmarch
Charter Member

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2009, 10:07:25 AM »

FWIW I tried doing an "Internal Association" from the dialog in the file menu, but AFAICT it had no effect. But I did not (and still do not at present) have time to look into it in detail.
raindew01
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2009, 07:17:37 AM »

Thanks for the mini-review; I love finding out about good file managers. That's fantastic about getting 10 copies. If you decide to give any out to other DC members (who haven't done coding snacks or written reviews) then I'd love to be entered.
fenixproductions
Honorary Member

« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2009, 07:29:02 AM »

2raindew01
I don't think it's an option. It would be the best to give licences to people who participate here a little bit more. That is why it could be the best for you to take your time and write review of your favourite software. It doesn't mean another TC description.

You are free to write about almost anything. If you think you are using excellent tool with nice features... and you are sure someone else can find it useful, then write about it. It is "May offer" so you have about three weeks to do so. I think there is plenty of time even for lazy people Wink

--
--
tomos
Charter Member

« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2009, 07:57:18 AM »

It would be the best to give licences to people who participate here a little bit more. That is why it could be the best for you to take your time and write review of your favourite software. It doesn't mean another TC description.

You are free to write about almost anything. If you think you are using excellent tool with nice features... and you are sure someone else can find it useful, then write about it. It is "May offer" so you have about three weeks to do so. I think there is plenty of time even for lazy people Wink

so, is that official then fenix? (competition)
would probably be good to start a new thread to announce it

Tom
fenixproductions
Honorary Member

« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2009, 08:15:42 AM »

2tomos
I will post something in Reviews section later.
Short info: http://www.donationcoder....rum/index.php?topic=18207

I think it would be nice to give 5 licences to "May reviewers" (randomly selected). That way DC can gain an information about good software and maybe break someone's laziness.

The rest of them are up to mouser's decision / ideas.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 08:25:59 AM by fenixproductions » Logged

--
--
tomos
Charter Member

« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2009, 08:30:59 AM »

Short info: http://www.donationcoder....rum/index.php?topic=18207

I think it would be nice to give 5 licences to "May reviewers" (randomly selected). That way DC can gain an information about good software and maybe break someone's laziness.

The rest of them are up to mouser's decision / ideas.

sounds great thumbs up

Tom
jdmarch
Charter Member

« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2009, 11:04:29 AM »

Thanks for the mini-review; I love finding out about good file managers. That's fantastic about getting 10 copies. If you decide to give any out to other DC members (who haven't done coding snacks or written reviews) then I'd love to be entered.
The giveaway is a nice touch, but the TC lifetime registration fee is a real bargain! I have never regretted it.
kartal
Supporting Member

« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2009, 01:32:38 PM »

The beta did not sort folders based on date, is this a bug? Ideas?
fenixproductions
Honorary Member

« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2009, 01:34:32 PM »

2kartal
Have you tried?

Configuration -> Display -> Sorting directories -> Like files (also by time)

--
--
kartal
Supporting Member

« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2009, 02:01:00 PM »

Hmm I did not know that, that is for sure I will check it out. I have been an happy Xyplorer customer, but I can entertain a good dualpaner as well.
fenixproductions
Honorary Member

« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2009, 04:04:52 PM »

Total Commander 7.50 PB3 is out!

About 60 bugs from previous public beta have been fixed and 9 new features added.

Announcement:
http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=22363

--
--
Darwin
Charter Member

« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2009, 07:12:16 PM »

I have been an happy Xyplorer customer, but I can entertain a good dualpaner as well.

A dual-pane version of XYplorer is in beta as I write this... http://www.xyplorer.com/x...?t=4&start=0&sd=d

"Some people have a way with words, other people,... oh... have not way" - Steve Martin
fenixproductions
Honorary Member

« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2009, 07:35:27 PM »

2Darwin
It's always good to keep an eye on competitors Wink

BTW Do you really find it better to read newest posts first?
Fix for it: http://www.xyplorer.com/x...wtopic.php?p=32589#p32589

--
--
Darwin
Charter Member

« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2009, 07:57:49 AM »

BTW Do you really find it better to read newest posts first?

I have the page setup that way because I monitor beta development via a bookmark in FF, which I check two or three times a day. This way, when I open the page I get the latest post at the top when the page opens. Dunno... works for me (bland way of saying that it is what I am used to)!

Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 Next   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.047s | Server load: 0.35 ]