Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site August 22, 2014, 12:41:06 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2011! Download 30+ custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: [bug] Can't Launch MP3 Files  (Read 3499 times)
BenPearman
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: March 28, 2009, 11:12:58 PM »

Launch FARR, run a search for Always by Bon Jovi. Results come up. Press enter to launch the song. iTunes doesn't open. I try it all again with iTunes open instead. Song still doesn't play. Help?  Thanks in advance
-Ben
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 11:17:08 PM »

let me look into this right away.

one thing you might experiment with in the mean time is changing the launch method option and see if it makes a difference (you could try changing the document launch helper tool also):
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 11:18:10 PM »

also, if you double click the mp3 files in your normal windows explorer program does the file open in itunes?
BenPearman
Participant

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 11:23:56 PM »

Yes It opens in iTunes. And when I change the method, it comes up with:

---------------------------
C:\Documents and Settings\Ben\My Documents\My Music\My Music\Bon Jovi\Cross Road\Always.mp3
Windows cannot find 'C:\Documents and Settings\Ben\My Documents\My Music\My Music\Bon Jovi\Cross Road\Always.mp3'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search.
OK   

Document Launch Helper Tool?
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 11:35:06 PM »

Document Launch Helper Tool?
thats one of the checkbox options there.

that's a strange error.. is the file name in the error wrong.. let me ask -- if you carefully look at the filename in windows explorer, does it maybe have a space at end or front of it?

do other mp3 files launch properly from farr?
BenPearman
Participant

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 12:04:46 AM »

Ahh it has a space at the end. But I checked all my other songs and they have a space at the end too huh So FARR can't launch any of the songs and the document helper thing doesn't work with either method. I tested FARR on a mp3 without a space at the end and it works! Thanks, wouldn't have guessed an extra space would be an issue.  Grin
Any suggestions to remove the spaces at the end of all my songs? Like a method without having to do it manually?
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 06:05:28 AM »

ah, the old 'space' bug. this must be highlighted somewhere..

anyway Ben, you can find here a list of renamers that could strip all the whitespace from either end of the filenames.

BenPearman
Participant

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2009, 10:41:51 PM »

See I tried the software at the link but I got a little confused as the software didn't display renaming subdirectories or removing the final character (a space) from the end of each file name. Suggestions/Help?
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2009, 11:23:01 PM »

here is an example from Flash Renamer.

http://www.rlvision.com/f...en/manual/func_space.html

BenPearman
Participant

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 01:10:30 AM »

Thanks for help you guys  cheesy Works great
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register