Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 02, 2014, 01:47:27 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Learn about the DonationCoder.com microdonation system (DonationCredits).

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: MasterSeeker 1.2 - Incredibly Fast File Search Engine!  (Read 4800 times)
DxCK
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: May 11, 2013, 06:12:15 AM »

MasterSeeker 1.2

With this software I built, you can search for files & folders inside your PC. Just type what you want, and you will find it instantly.
Also it displays size of folders instantly, and even allow you to sort all your computer files & folders by size instantly.

All my friends that seen it says like "WOW".

What do you think? try it!

Download Link: http://master-seeker.com/download
joiwind
Participant

carpe momentum

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 08:25:26 AM »

It is effectively incredibly fast - I'll give it a good test.

.: I use K-Meleon - the browser you can control - but I love Pale Moon too :.
skwire
Charter Member

Another Coding Snack request? Om nom nom...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 05:13:52 PM »

Hi, DxCK, and welcome to the DonationCoder site.   cheesy

The GUI layout of your software is nice and clean, just the way I like them.  May we assume that your software reads the Master File Table much like Everything, UltraSearch, SwiftSearch, etc?

joiwind
Participant

carpe momentum

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 06:23:20 AM »

And seeing the memory footprint can we assume that the cache is held in ram ? I can find no written cache.

.: I use K-Meleon - the browser you can control - but I love Pale Moon too :.
DxCK
Participant

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 01:12:58 PM »

@skwire: Thanks :-) . MasterSeeker really reads the Master File Table in NTFS drives, directly from the drive's stream, and processes it with heavy multithreading and micro-optimized code. MasterSeeker also supports FAT and FAT32 drives.

@joiwind: Thanks :-) The whole cache is held in ram. No files are used. I planing to optimize the memory footprint in future versions.
AEngineer
Supporting Member

View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 05:12:06 AM »

Tried it this morning after reading the above descriptions.  It is indeed a fine interface.  In particular I like the simple filtering tools you've built in that make narrowing easy and fast.  I've replace Search Everything with MasterSeeker thanks to the interface/capabilities.

A welcome addition would be the ability to export the found set to a text file so that one can work with the results.  I'd have a toggle between full path and file/folder name only.

Jim Mitchell
IQLover
Charter Member

created in PS 4

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 05:45:24 AM »

Sorry 2 say but I do NOT like it for 3 reasons:

1) It needs Admin rights to execute (Win 7 Ultimate)
2) Does NOT find/ searches files on my removable USB Stick (exFAT).

Exactly the same behaviour as Everything that I am using (mostly) to search files.

3) Puts a file named 'MasterSeeker.UACBypass.1c30b0f01bab979f9a024ebfad9ee14f' into the C:\Windows\System32\Tasks directory!
Wtf?!

Positive: it is lightning fast!

Could you make it work with exFAT???
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 05:57:16 AM by IQLover » Logged

pilgrim
Supporting Member

Cogito ergo ?

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2013, 07:14:00 AM »

I have only just found this and was impressed enough to install it.

I do have one request, I would like to be able to set where it opens on the screen.

I spent 25 years training to be an eccentric then I woke up one morning and realised that I'd cracked it.
I've not had to try since.

I wonder what happens if I click on thi
dcwul62
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2013, 05:59:10 AM »

MasterSeeker tries to connect sites that seem not to be available anymore.

=

=

I checked Everything Search, or Swiftsearch, or NTFS-Search, but don't think they connect with the Internet.

Also when disabling 'Update' options.
=

=

I am not sure about planetnana

https://www.virustotal.co...etnana.co.il/information/
=

=
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 06:09:27 AM by dcwul62 » Logged
DxCK
Participant

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2014, 02:17:40 PM »

MasterSeeker regulary checking for updates. This is normal behavior just like any other software on the market.
The Auto-Update only represent whether MasterSeeker update itself without asking or not. There is not way currently to disable the checking for update process.

planetnana is an alternative place for put the updates if something goes wrong with the main site. planetnana is shared hosting service so there is a lot of other accounts there that is not related to MasterSeeker.
kiiver
Participant

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2014, 08:49:53 AM »

Just discovered this awesome program and immediately switched over from Everything because you have also included fast file size search from MFT.

But i found one bug that cripples things a bit for me.
* Some file sizes are incorrect - result shows files which are actually few KB to few GB as random Tera, Peta and Exabytes (512TB up to 6,22 EB): schreenshot
Problem seems to be on one drive, it is 15TB GPT partition on NAS block device, formatted as NTFS with 16KB sector size. about 2% of all files are influenced by this, other 98% show correct size. Other drives are local disks <=2TB, MBR, 4KB sector and no bug there.

Also some other notes:
* Directory filter box, when selecting folder from "Browse" the result is not refreshed. Only when directly altering directory search string.
* Would be nice if program remembers window position and size, also column widths and visible columns
* Also multi window support would be usable future addition, right now when i open MasterSeeker.exe second time, it does not use index from previously opened instance sitting on tray and opens another instance.
* tray click open/hides window but because window open has some delay it is bit confusing. Maybe if double click also opens window its more intuitive.

EDIT: GPT disk NTFS details:
Version :                         3.1
Number Sectors :                  0x00000000f18f7cff
Total Clusters :                  0x000000003c63df3f
Free Clusters  :                  0x000000000043b8f4
Total Reserved :                  0x0000000000000780
Bytes Per Sector  :               4096
Bytes Per Physical Sector :       <Not Supported>
Bytes Per Cluster :               16384
Bytes Per FileRecord Segment    : 4096
Clusters Per FileRecord Segment : 0
Mft Valid Data Length :           0x00000001aaf00000
Mft Start Lcn  :                  0x0000000000030000
Mft2 Start Lcn :                  0x0000000000000001
Mft Zone Start :                  0x0000000030da4700
Mft Zone End   :                  0x0000000030da7240
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 09:28:27 AM by kiiver » Logged
Nzyme
Participant

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2014, 11:11:15 AM »

No preview for Image/video files? Can u include thumbnail view?
DxCK
Participant

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2014, 05:12:53 PM »

@kiiver: I fixed the bug with wrong file sizes. Please leave me your email and I will send you a test version to verify the fix.
Also i fixed the "Browse" button bug.
Other requests I added to my TODO list.

@Nzyme: I added your request to my TODO list.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.046s | Server load: 0.16 ]