Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 23, 2014, 12:59:45 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Free DonationCoder.com Member Kit: Submit Request.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: [REQ]Zoom in and out in different programs.  (Read 5671 times)
Coeluh
Supporting Member

Family Guy ^^

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: February 28, 2009, 05:15:58 AM »

Hi There,

I've these 2 configurable keys on my new Logitech Media keyboard.  I want them for using it for zoom in and out buttons, like on other logitech keyboards? Maybe could there be an exe which presses the ctrl key and scrolls down 1 click.  And one exe for scrolling up one click while holding ctrl key. It shouldn't be that hard, right?
yksyks
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 04:05:49 PM »

Before others here start recommending AutoHotKey, which is nice, but a bit overkill just for this, I'd recommend the free HotkeyP utility. I'm using it for similar purposes.
Coeluh
Supporting Member

Family Guy ^^

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 04:11:32 PM »

Before others here start recommending AutoHotKey, which is nice, but a bit overkill just for this, I'd recommend the free HotkeyP utility. I'm using it for similar purposes.
I'm not running AHK cause I prefer some small thing I can use and does not have to run the whole time.
yksyks
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 03:16:22 AM »

That's why I suggested HotkeyP instead of AHK. Is 64 kB small enough?  Wink
Coeluh
Supporting Member

Family Guy ^^

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 08:48:51 AM »

That's why I suggested HotkeyP instead of AHK. Is 64 kB small enough?  Wink
Yeah but that things looks like a tray application...
yksyks
Supporting Member

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 09:26:24 AM »

It can have a tray icon, but you can switch it off, if you prefer, it's not needed for normal operation.
Coeluh
Supporting Member

Family Guy ^^

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 10:32:34 AM »

It can have a tray icon, but you can switch it off, if you prefer, it's not needed for normal operation.
No I mean it in this way: The program should only run when I press a shortcut. And close immediately.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 10:44:33 AM by Coeluh » Logged
yksyks
Supporting Member

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 11:14:38 AM »

Oh yes, got it. And you want to trigger such a program by assigning it to the special keys using the supplied Logitech application, right? This might lag a bit.

My idea—and what I'm actually using, just with Genius keyboard—was to replace this application with HotkeyP, which has much smaller footprint and is incredibly more versatile. (I don't know this Logitech thing, but I suppose it's terrible to the same extent as the one from Genius.)
Nod5
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 12:08:14 PM »

[copy or print]
send ^{WheelDown}

[copy or print]
send ^{WheelUp}

Install AHK, save each code snippet to an .ahk file, for each.ahk compile to .exe, deinstall AHK (if you want to).
Or used the attached, already compiled files (but I really recommend installing and playing around with AHK - you'll very soon find yourself making your own small programs with ease and pleasure  smiley)

36dea797d770df7282aba90dcef3fce6 *CWheelUp.exe
dacd60b53475ec06bc81765f67657f9c *CWheelDown.exe

* cwheelupdown.zip (397.98 KB - downloaded 187 times.)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 12:14:25 PM by Nod5 » Logged
Coeluh
Supporting Member

Family Guy ^^

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2009, 12:19:21 PM »

[copy or print]
send ^{WheelDown}

[copy or print]
send ^{WheelUp}

Install AHK, save each code snippet to an .ahk file, for each.ahk compile to .exe, deinstall AHK (if you want to).
Or used the attached, already compiled files (but I really recommend installing and playing around with AHK - you'll very soon find yourself making your own small programs with ease and pleasure  smiley)

36dea797d770df7282aba90dcef3fce6 *CWheelUp.exe
dacd60b53475ec06bc81765f67657f9c *CWheelDown.exe

THanks man!

I've got AHK myself now. But it does not work in photoshop. I changed it to ^!{WheelUp} , but that doesn't matter because Photoshop loses focus...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 12:29:26 PM by Coeluh » Logged
yksyks
Supporting Member

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2009, 02:14:15 PM »

... But it does not work in photoshop.

Don't want to intrude again, but it works like a charm with HotkeyP in Photoshop...  tongue
Coeluh
Supporting Member

Family Guy ^^

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2009, 05:52:12 PM »

Mmm....
skrommel
Fastest code in the west
Developer

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2009, 05:55:56 PM »

@Coeluh:

smiley Try adding
[copy or print]
WinActivateWait,Photoshop
WinWaitActive,Photoshop
before the Send command.

Skrommel

Please stop by my site at  1 Hour Software by skrommel  for downloads and more info.
r0bertdenir0
Supporting Member

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2009, 06:31:28 PM »

WinActivateWait,Photoshop

WinActivateWait ?
lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2009, 08:54:12 AM »

i think this is what Skrommel meant:
[copy or print]
WinWait, Photoshop
WinActivate, Photoshop

cmpm
Charter Member

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2009, 12:29:07 PM »

Could try systeminternals Zoomit.

http://technet.microsoft....ysinternals/bb897434.aspx

hot key zoom-move mouse to pan
Coeluh
Supporting Member

Family Guy ^^

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2009, 06:27:53 AM »

Could try systeminternals Zoomit.

http://technet.microsoft....ysinternals/bb897434.aspx

hot key zoom-move mouse to pan
Thats a nice piece of software, but I wanted to use the internal zoom function of programs
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.045s | Server load: 0.07 ]