Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 31, 2014, 08:40:27 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2012! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Feature request - a common folder for your programs in Start Menu  (Read 6347 times)
bgd77
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: February 24, 2009, 03:04:36 AM »

Hi Mouser.

I have an idea that might be useful for a number of your program's users. I have seen that each one of them has a particular entry in Start Menu (e.g. ProcessTamer for Process Tamer), but I think it could be more useful to have all your programs grouped in a single folder in Start Menu (e.g. MouserSoftware\ProcessTamer). Sometimes I have to look after a certain program created by you in Start Menu (which is very large in my case) and it would be more easy to have all your programs in a single place, especially considering the fact that I use a large number of your applications.

Thanks,
bgd77

P.S. Your programs are one of the best I have seen. Thank you for them and thank you for giving them freely. I really appreciate your hard work.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 03:07:19 AM »

thank you for the kind words.
i wish i had done that from the beginning.. you're right that it makes things cleaner.
i'm just hesitant to change now with so many installations in the wild.
bgd77
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 03:26:36 AM »

I know there would be some very hard work to do this and there are a lot of things to take into consideration. If you ever decide to try it, I would be more than happy to be a pre-pre-pre-release tester. Just give me a sign.  Wink
lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 03:33:51 AM »

i always extract the apps manually and put inside a 'DonationCoder' sub-folder, ditto for start menu..

bgd77
Supporting Member

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 04:11:35 AM »

Thanks lanux128!  Thmbsup

I just managed to do that. I created a new folder (but I named it "MouserSoftware") in "All Users" folder start menu and moved in it all the folders related to the programs created by mouser.

And it worked!  smiley  They are all in one folder and there are no functionality problems.
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 08:40:51 AM »

i bet mouser hadn't planned on releasing a suite of apps when he started DonationCoders. cheesy

bgd77
Supporting Member

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 10:13:09 AM »

Probably he didn't, but maybe there is a way to fix this. Anyhow, it is a minor issue and, if it requires too much effort, it would be better to leave it as it is.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.027s | Server load: 0.02 ]