topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 12:55 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Clusty introduces Remixing = Dubs idea Clustering 2.0  (Read 3780 times)

Paul Keith

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Clusty introduces Remixing = Dubs idea Clustering 2.0
« on: January 31, 2009, 09:34 AM »
I don't visit Clusty much but as Google was erroring, I tried Clusty and lo and behold, they have this linked on the main page:

Although clustering reveals the major topics in the top 200, 500, or more search results, there are always more topics than can be shown, without overloading the user with a very long list. There hasn’t been any better approach, until now.

With a single click, remix clustering answers the question: What other, subtler topics are there? It works by clustering again the same search results, but with an added input: ignore the topics that the user just saw. Typically, the user will then see new major topics that didn’t quite make the final cut at the last round, but may still be interesting.

Remix clustering was introduced in Vivisimo Velocity 6.0, our enterprise search platform which also introduced other user-experience capabilities.

SKesselman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Clusty introduces Remixing = Dubs idea Clustering 2.0
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 10:18 PM »
I used to love Vivisimo and never really adjusted to the Clusty change-over.
But I just tried the remix feature and it was cool! I really got the feeling I was getting all the information there was on a topic.
The results are so much more diverse, like turning a topic inside-out, and quickly.

Thanks for this, Paul!
-Sarah