topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 4:21 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Hello world!  (Read 12940 times)

wasker

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hello world!
« on: November 28, 2005, 02:25 PM »
Hi everyone!

My name's Alex and I run ByteGems.com Software which developed QuickFolders software.

I would like to say thank you to donationcoder for such a comprehensive review and would like to announce that we offer a special discount for donationcoder.com users -- stay tuned for muser's message about this for more details.

Such reviews help us to keep a good shape, so it's great despite QuickFolders didn't get "Best in class". I see a lot of space for improvements, so expect a new version with more bells and whistles in a nearest couple months!

Feel free to email me for support questions -- the best tech support for both registered and unregistered users is the thing we proud of.

Thanks again! Good luck!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Hello world!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 02:34 PM »
hi wasker,

first, thank you for taking the time to post here.

second, i have said this before and i'll say it again, id rather spend my money on a program with an active developer who is interested in making their program better and listening to users than to spend it on a program that might have a few more features but is no longer being maintained.

quickfolders has already some fans on our forum (https://www.donation...dex.php?topic=1626.0) and is sure to get more with a developer with such a good attitude towards improving the program.  we look forward to hearing about new developments from quickfolders :)

btw alex has offered a super generous discount for donationcoder.com members:
QuickFolders (www.ByteGems.com) for $10.95.  hard to beat that!!

discount info will be posted shortly in the members only section here:  https://www.donation...index.php?board=18.0

thanks alex!

ps.
make sure you also check out the other fun programs at www.bytegems.com.  the name of this one gave me a good laugh:
http://www.bytegems....ethiskeydeluxe.shtml
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 02:43 PM by mouser »

brotherS

• Master of Good Ideas
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 04:32 AM »
My name's Alex and I run ByteGems.com Software which developed QuickFolders software.

I would like to say thank you to donationcoder for such a comprehensive review and would like to announce that we offer a special discount for donationcoder.com users -- stay tuned for muser's message about this for more details.

Such reviews help us to keep a good shape, so it's great despite QuickFolders didn't get "Best in class". I see a lot of space for improvements, so expect a new version with more bells and whistles in a nearest couple months!

Feel free to email me for support questions -- the best tech support for both registered and unregistered users is the thing we proud of.
Welcome in the DC forum and thanks for the discount, always nice to have! :)

Are you using https://www.donation...dex.php?topic=1167.0 too? If so, please post there. If you do not, you really should try it. :)

Mouser is about to too :Thmbsup:

wasker

• Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 04:52 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for the warm welcome and sorry for late replies. :)

I did try Autohotkey some time ago, but the only thing I needed at the moment was minimizing currently active window on hotkey. I didn't find how to do it with Autohotkey in an hour, so now using Hotkeycontrol XP, which in fact has this function right out-of-the-box. Although, I open for suggestions on how to do this with Autohotkey.

Thanks.

brotherS

• Master of Good Ideas
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2005, 08:22 AM »
I did try Autohotkey some time ago, but the only thing I needed at the moment was minimizing currently active window on hotkey. I didn't find how to do it with Autohotkey in an hour, so now using Hotkeycontrol XP, which in fact has this function right out-of-the-box. Although, I open for suggestions on how to do this with Autohotkey.
If you can't find out yourself, the AutoHotkey community is very helpful, nice forum over there too. But first, please read and reply in https://www.donation...index.php?topic=1670 :)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2005, 08:29 AM »
hehehe - maybe we should keep this thread about QuickFolders and give wasker a minute to breath before peppering him with autohotkey stuff :)

wasker

• Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2005, 08:44 AM »
Heh. Thanks, will go to the proper forum. :)