topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 4:59 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Yeah but... which one should I buy?  (Read 5611 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Yeah but... which one should I buy?
« on: November 29, 2005, 05:44 AM »
someone recently sent me a message asking me if for advice on which one of the dialog extenders they should buy.

Here is my answer:
I would not buy any of them without experimenting for a while on my computer.

We do these reviews to help you understand what these programs do and why you might want one; the reviews are meant to be a starting point, and the next step is to TRY THE PROGRAMS FOR YOURSELF!

That's what's so nice about shareware.  read our reviews, see which programs look like they might suit you, and then try them out for a couple of weeks.

RESIST the urge to make an immediate purchase after 1 hour of use, give yourself a few days or a week to get used to the program and see it's strengths and weaknesses, and then make your decision.

You might not have the same needs or tastes as the reviewer, so it's essential that you try these programs for yourself (and then feel free to post any disagreements you might have with the review).

I do think that every power user should have one of these tools, but choosing which one is going to require some experimentation on your part.  you'll never go wrong by choosing from one of the best-in-class apps, but if you really want the best tool suited for your use, you'll have to do some experimenting of your own, and don't just limit yourself to the ones we rated best.