I would recommend :
Release date: 07/25/2002
Author: Vadim Dumbravanu
Home Page: http://www.bitrix.ru/logmon/eng/
It is excellent. Only problem is the author has abandoned it so you would not get any support from him. I emailed the author when his site went offline and he responded that he would be back. That was easily more than 12 months ago but so far it has not happened. As it is, it is already pretty capable.
But you should be able to download it off the link below. If not, just let me know and I probably can find it somewhere on my harddisk.
It has lots of configuration options as far as I can remember on when to trigger an action based on changes in the directory as well as the actual actions that it can choose to take.
As for "some support" you are in luck
as a copy of the forum is athttp://web.archive.o...forum/list.asp?id=35
Freeware Orphans, The Lost Freeware
OS: Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP
Download size: 596 kB
Log Monitor is a files and directories monitoring tool. The program periodically checks selected file's modification time and executes external program if file's time was changed or not changed. For directories it handles such events as files change, addition or removal.
- Several files can be monitored simultaneously, each file has its own interval and is processing in the separate thread.
- List of files stores in the configuration file.
- Minimizes to System Tray.
- There is ability to pause monitoring of selected files. "Paused" state can be stored in the configuration file.
- Works on the schedule, can check files and directories only during selected time interval and days of week.
- Ability to pass changed/added file(s) information to the external program via parameters."http://www.freeware-guide.com/download/