Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site January 30, 2015, 06:47:59 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2014! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting "stuff"  (Read 66878 times)
wraith808
Supporting Member

"In my dreams, I always do it right."

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #575 on: January 25, 2015, 01:15:05 PM »

How do you fit a thousand dead babies into one barrel?

A blender.

How do you get them back out?

Tortilla chips.

NOTE: I meant to post this in silly humor.

Stoic Joker
Honorary Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #576 on: January 25, 2015, 03:04:50 PM »

Quote from: The Article
Survey data from Australia indicated legislation was a poor approach as it discouraged cycling—e.g. child cycle use fell 44% by the second year of the helmet law in New South Wales, Australia

Yeah! - WAY TO SUCK ALL THE FUN OUT OF IT MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The article's conclusion invariable ends up the same place this always ends up...which is: Stop trying to make people on two wheels safe(r) to run over ... And start paying attention to where the hell you're driving!

They really need to just carve "Pay Fucking Attention to What You're Doing!" on a rock, name it the rock of knowledge, and share it with all the people of the world. So the next time some jackass in country X decides that it might be a grand idea to piss a few million dollars down the drain on a "Government Study" ... The can just smack them in the forehead with the 'Rock of Knowledge' and be done with it for free.

It's the exact same outcome...for a hell of a lot less money.

I've found that if I cycle well, i.e. keep a very straight line, some drivers will pass dangerously close to me. So I tend to weave slightly to try and keep them more aware, and wary, of me. Not ideal, but I'm still here :-/

1. Bicycle/Motorcycle makes no difference in this context.
2. I've been riding a motorcycle on the street since 1977 (and bicycles before that).
3. You're right ... doing what you can to draw a bit more attention to yourself, helps keep you in one piece.
Arizona Hot
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #577 on: January 26, 2015, 04:10:37 PM »

Maybe this should be in the SF thread, but I think it will get more attention here. I remember a SF story about a man trying to get life insurance from an automated company. He complained and they checked it out and told him that when he dies, the world ends. Now he has the best healthcare in the world, but they keep him locked up. I thought of a possible sequel and I  wonder if there WAS one. Terrorists keep trying to kill him as an attempt at extortion, so the company and others build a generation spaceship fleet with the man as most important passenger. This way if he dies the world may end, but some people(very many) are  saved.

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning"  - Catherine Aird
Arizona Hot
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #578 on: January 27, 2015, 10:01:02 PM »

The straight poop.

Everybody poops. But here are 9 surprising facts about feces you may not know. - Vox

Proof that you should get a life

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning"  - Catherine Aird
Arizona Hot
Supporting Member

« Reply #579 on: January 28, 2015, 04:48:30 PM »

Here Are 5 Women You Won’t Believe Actually Exist

Pages: Prev 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.035s | Server load: 0.02 ]