Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site July 27, 2014, 11:17:30 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Display Power schedule  (Read 14200 times)
homemadebyx
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: July 14, 2008, 02:26:45 PM »

Has anybody seen an app that i can schedule the Monitor Power to shut off after an hour (or whatever amount of time) between 9-5 and if the hours are the opposite shut off in 5 minutes?

x
skrommel
Fastest code in the west
Developer

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 07:40:01 PM »

smiley Try MonitOff!

MonitOff - Turns off the monitor at user defined idle times during the day.

Features:
- Change settings using Settings in the Tray menu.

You'll find the downloads and more info at 1 Hour Software by Skrommel.

Skrommel
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 07:13:41 PM by skrommel » Logged

Please stop by my site at  1 Hour Software by skrommel  for downloads and more info.
techidave
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 09:21:05 PM »

so is this available as a download somewhere??  I didn't see it listed on skrommel's site neither.

I am also looking for something that I can use to turn off the monitors at a certain time (school setting).
lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 10:26:33 PM »

you have to copy the code and save it as an .ahk file then use Autohotkey to run it as a script. Wink

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 12:12:40 AM »

Unless skrommel gets his act together and updates his web page  Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
techidave
Supporting Member

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 03:07:12 PM »

I copied Lanux's code, saved as .ahk and then d/l autohotkey and converted it to exe.  I then double clicked the exe and it puts an icon down in the tray by the clock.

But how do I set the options or where do I go to check them?
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 09:26:09 PM »

I copied Lanux's code, saved as .ahk and then d/l autohotkey and converted it to exe.  I then double clicked the exe and it puts an icon down in the tray by the clock.

it's Skrommel's code, not mine. smiley i haven't tested it yet but a glance at the code shows that the program will turn the monitor off after a certain amount of idle time, based on the current time. i.e.
1. Between 9.01am-5pm, monitor will be turned off after 5mins of inactivity.
2. Between 5.01pm-9am, monitor will be turned off after 30mins of inactivity.

you can request for more flexibility, hopefully Skrommel will find the time. smiley

tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2008, 05:32:43 AM »

so you need to change the code before making an exe of it - or
you can also simply save code as *.ahk file in the scripts folder in AHK programme folder, then just start file to run it - advantage being you can edit it any time smiley

If (A_TimeIdlePhysical>5*60000 And now<090000 Or now>=170000 And off=0)
    Gosub,OFF
  Else
  If (A_TimeIdlePhysical>30*60000 And now>=090000 And now<170000 And off=0)
    Gosub,OFF
so, you change the 5 or 30 or the times shown (I reckon anyways)

Tom
skrommel
Fastest code in the west
Developer

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 07:14:20 PM »

smiley I've added an ini-file to the script above.

Skrommel

Please stop by my site at  1 Hour Software by skrommel  for downloads and more info.
neil101
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2009, 06:07:33 AM »

Help please.

Your MonitorOff program is the answer to my prayers ever since my energy saving timing went south. However, your prog curls up its toes when the time is outside the start and end times the prog seems to enter a endless loop. When I move the mouse the monitor comes up for about 1 second or two before going back to sleep. Inside the start end times the prog works great. The idleout time is presently set at 10, but it appears that it has no effect on the problem.

Your thoughts on this Skrommel?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.04s | Server load: 0.13 ]