Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site July 29, 2014, 03:42:49 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Check out and download the GOE 2007 Freeware Challenge productivity tools.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: How to automate the scanning of file selected with AVG Free in DOPUS  (Read 1957 times)
patteo
Charter Member

View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: November 04, 2008, 10:51:42 AM »

I use Dopus as a File Manager.

When I select a file in DOPUS, I can right click the selected file and from the Context menu select Scan with AVG Free.

I would like to simplify this because Right Click to get the context menu and select the Scan with AVG Free command can be a little tedious.

Ideally, I could create a custom button and attach a command to execute AVG Free and scan the selected file.

But I'm not sure how to locate the command the context menu is using.

The command C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgscanx.exe accepts commandline instructions.

But the scanning is quite fast and it appears to be a DOS based command and the scanning results appears momentarily in a DOS windows and disappears before you can even look at it.

The Right Click Context Menu command Scan with AVG Free, brings up a Windows box telling you it's scanning and then the results.

Are there any DOPUS experts around here that knows the answer ?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 06:54:13 PM by patteo » Logged
a_lunatic
Supporting Member

Fulltime Single Dad

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 06:34:28 PM »

Here is how to add a context menu to a button

Open regedit then find HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers
there should be a AVG entry there & it will have a string that looks like this {B089FE88-FB52-11D3-BDF1-0050DA34150D}<this one is for eset nod V3

Create a new button then edit it in advance mode & paste this in there

FileType CONTEXTFORCE CONTEXTMENU={AVG's string}
so it would look like this
FileType CONTEXTFORCE CONTEXTMENU={B089FE88-FB52-11D3-BDF1-0050DA34150D}
patteo
Charter Member

View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 07:18:06 PM »

Wow, thanks for the tip.

It works great.

Only thing now is that I have to figure out how to get the button to show up instead of "Scan with AVG Free" on the toolbar.

I would like configured it to show the icon Image on the toolbar instead because that takes up a lot less screen real estate.

Changing the Label or Tip fields in the DOPUS command editor dialog box makes no difference - ie "Scan with AVG Free" still show up.

It must be picking up the "Scan with AVG Free" from the registry key.
patteo
Charter Member

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 10:44:38 AM »

Anyway, for those who may have some interest, there's a Tutorial at

http://resource.dopus.com/download.php?id=72
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.027s | Server load: 0.05 ]