having some frustration when I set FARR off in search of a file which I know is there, but which it fails to find. I'm trying to see what parameters in the settings might be affecting this. The file - let's call it findthis.xls - is in My Documents, 2 levels down (ie it goes My Documents\folder1\folder2\findthis.xls. My Documents is in the Search Folders list. I have recursion set to 4, just to be on the safe side. I've put My Documents to the top of the list, and it has a high rating compared to other folders. Even typing in the exact title of the file --> "Found 0 results in 3 seconds".
This is all becoming a bit artificial - I know exactly where the file is and could open it in a moment - but I would really like to find out why FARR can't find it. Also, once it is open, it will be in the history, and I'm pretty sure FARR will be able to find it then (I have My Recent Docs in the list, with a pretty high priority).
One other thing - I have a keyword modifier for My Documents, and if i "force" FARR to look there by using it, again I'm pretty sure it will find it. But I'd like to know why it doesn't find it in the normal way.