topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 9:49 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: FARR plugin: FARR Remember The Milk 1.1.3  (Read 286451 times)

Koenie

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: FARR plugin: FARR Remember The Milk 1.1.2
« Reply #200 on: October 28, 2011, 07:32 AM »
Hey phitsc, any news on the proxy with userid and password? It would be a big help for me!
Thanks!

Koenie

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #201 on: October 28, 2011, 09:37 AM »
So I found out how to configure the userid and password within the proxy dialog, no modification needed!
So far(r) the good news.

I have also the Access violations mentioned higher. I tested with a brand new account and then it works fine. I suppose it has something to do with tasks in my default user, but I have no idea how to find out which one is blocking...

Thanks for your help!

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #202 on: October 28, 2011, 10:28 AM »
So I found out how to configure the userid and password within the proxy dialog, no modification needed!
So far(r) the good news.

I have also the Access violations mentioned higher. I tested with a brand new account and then it works fine. I suppose it has something to do with tasks in my default user, but I have no idea how to find out which one is blocking...

Thanks for your help!

Please excuse my laziness. I'm currently more in Playstation-mood than programming mood. Good that you found a way to configure the userid and password within the proxy dialog. Would you mind to share, so that I can add it to the help file?

Concerning the access violation: good that you have it! Well, not for you, I know. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to track down the problem last time it was reported because the user reporting it just removed a whole bunch of tasks and the problem went away for him. So maybe now, with your help, I might be able to find out what's going wrong.

If I remember correctly, the tasks he removed were actually ones which were already set to complete (hence he could remove them). The question is how do we find out which one is causing troubles?

Do you have many tasks? And many completed ones? I made a version of the plugin that traces out some info when the tasks are loaded, so you can see which one is causing the crash. It might actually still be on the ftp. I'll check later when I'm home.

Koenie

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #203 on: October 28, 2011, 10:34 AM »
http://[userid]:[pwd]@my.proxy.server
I do have many tasks, also with special characters (living in Belgium). I'll await the tracing-version of the plugin before cleaning up (eg. removing completed ones)...

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: FARR plugin: FARR Remember The Milk 1.1.3
« Reply #204 on: November 07, 2011, 02:41 PM »
Version 1.1.3 is now available. I've found and fixed the crash. It was related to tasks created by email. Thanks Koenie for pointing me in the right direction. :Thmbsup:

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #205 on: November 08, 2011, 12:39 AM »
Cool  :up: :up:

Koenie

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #206 on: November 08, 2011, 01:36 AM »
My pleasure and THANK YOU for your availability!  :Thmbsup:

Judykator

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #207 on: March 06, 2012, 05:24 AM »
The plug has stopped working. An attempt to start it freezes the whole program. It has just a few computers.  :(

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #208 on: March 06, 2012, 03:48 PM »
.... It has just a few computers.  :(

How do you mean?

Judykator

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #209 on: August 29, 2012, 03:59 AM »
I have a problem that when tasks with longer names - plugin displays only about 196 first characters of the name. Can be done to show the whole name, even the longest?

Saturday24

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #210 on: October 02, 2012, 10:59 PM »
Hi, does anyone else have an issue with recurring tasks that you've completed not showing? Example: I have a recurring monthly task to pay a bill.... after I complete the first months task future instances of it do not show in FARR RTM. Thanks for any suggestions!

Saturday24

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #211 on: October 03, 2012, 01:20 PM »
 :D

Judykator

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #212 on: October 03, 2012, 01:39 PM »
Reload ??

Judykator

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #213 on: December 22, 2012, 10:54 AM »
Changing the date of a task does not work. Clears the date completely.

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #214 on: January 17, 2013, 07:00 AM »

If you mean changing a task's due date: I just tried that and it worked. Can you be more specific in what you're doing exactly (an example maybe)?

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #215 on: January 17, 2013, 07:01 AM »
I have a problem that when tasks with longer names - plugin displays only about 196 first characters of the name. Can be done to show the whole name, even the longest?

I just tried with a task having 369 characters and it displayed and worked flawlessly. Can you be more specific in where you see a problem? (maybe make a screenshot)

Judykator

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #216 on: January 17, 2013, 12:45 PM »

If you mean changing a task's due date: I just tried that and it worked. Can you be more specific in what you're doing exactly (an example maybe)?

OK. It all depends on how I write the date. Previously, I wrote, "31 stycznia 2013" (polish 31 January 2013). Like on RTM website. When I wrote "31-01-2013" - it works. What formats does it work?

Judykator

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #217 on: January 17, 2013, 12:54 PM »
I just tried with a task having 369 characters and it displayed and worked flawlessly. Can you be more specific in where you see a problem? (maybe make a screenshot)

screenshot
Only 511 characters. Breaks in the middle of a word "przez"

all text: "Asus planuje portfolio smartfonów z systemem Windows Phone 8. Być możne powstanie nawet smartfon połączony z tabletem na kształt androidowej serii Asus Padfone. Benson Lin, wiceszef Asusa, powiedział w wywiadzie dla Wall Street Journal, że koncepcja Padfone'a ma sens również w przypadku Windows 8. Biorąc jednak pod uwagę, że w Padfone'ach cała moc obliczeniowa, jak i sam system zainstalowane są w telefonie, wizja Asusa może być trudna do zrealizowania. Wszystkie systemy Windows 8 - od tych komputerowych, przez Windows 8 RT po Windows Phone 8 bazują na tym samym jądrze, to jednak za mało by umożliwić prostą transformację smartfonu w tablet i tabletu w netbooka. Są dwa wyjścia z sytuacji. Jednym z nich jest zainstalowanie Windows Phone 8 w telefonie i Windows 8 w tablecie, z olbrzymią dawką dodatków umożliwiających synchronizację systemów. Drugim, umieszczenie Windows 8 RT w smartfonie i dodanie do systemu aplikacji umożliwiających wykonywanie połączeń głosowych. Być może pojawi się jeszcze bramka numer trzy, czyli chęć współpracy nad nowym produktem ze strony Microsoftu i przebudowa interfejsu na działający w dwóch trybach. W przypadku Androida ujednolicenie platformy nastąpiło wraz z premierą systemu w wersji 4.0, który instalować można zarówno na telefonach, jak i na tabletach. W każdym razie, po zapowiedzi ze strony LG, będziemy mieli kolejnego dużego gracza ze smartfonami wyposażonymi w system Microsoftu."

Mayby polish letters - ó, ą, ć, ś, ń generate the errors ??
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 01:13 PM by Judykator »

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #218 on: January 17, 2013, 02:29 PM »

OK. It all depends on how I write the date. Previously, I wrote, "31 stycznia 2013" (polish 31 January 2013). Like on RTM website. When I wrote "31-01-2013" - it works. What formats does it work?

FarrMilk uses the computers locale settings to parse dates. So if your computer's locale is set to polish and "31 stycznia 2013" is how you'd write a date in Poland then what you're trying to do should work, i.e. if it doesn't work it's a bug in FarrMilk.

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #219 on: January 17, 2013, 02:33 PM »

screenshot
Only 511 characters. Breaks in the middle of a word "przez"

all text: "Asus planuje portfolio smartfonów z systemem Windows Phone 8. Być możne powstanie nawet smartfon połączony z tabletem na kształt androidowej serii Asus Padfone. Benson Lin, wiceszef Asusa, powiedział w wywiadzie dla Wall Street Journal, że koncepcja Padfone'a ma sens również w przypadku Windows 8. Biorąc jednak pod uwagę, że w Padfone'ach cała moc obliczeniowa, jak i sam system zainstalowane są w telefonie, wizja Asusa może być trudna do zrealizowania. Wszystkie systemy Windows 8 - od tych komputerowych, przez Windows 8 RT po Windows Phone 8 bazują na tym samym jądrze, to jednak za mało by umożliwić prostą transformację smartfonu w tablet i tabletu w netbooka. Są dwa wyjścia z sytuacji. Jednym z nich jest zainstalowanie Windows Phone 8 w telefonie i Windows 8 w tablecie, z olbrzymią dawką dodatków umożliwiających synchronizację systemów. Drugim, umieszczenie Windows 8 RT w smartfonie i dodanie do systemu aplikacji umożliwiających wykonywanie połączeń głosowych. Być może pojawi się jeszcze bramka numer trzy, czyli chęć współpracy nad nowym produktem ze strony Microsoftu i przebudowa interfejsu na działający w dwóch trybach. W przypadku Androida ujednolicenie platformy nastąpiło wraz z premierą systemu w wersji 4.0, który instalować można zarówno na telefonach, jak i na tabletach. W każdym razie, po zapowiedzi ze strony LG, będziemy mieli kolejnego dużego gracza ze smartfonami wyposażonymi w system Microsoftu."

Mayby polish letters - ó, ą, ć, ś, ń generate the errors ??

512 is a "common" buffer size in computer programs (2^9). It might be a FARR limitation. I'll check tomorrow (or ask mouser).

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #220 on: January 20, 2013, 04:03 AM »
Just to confirm what I said above: 512 characters (actually, bytes) is the maximum length allowed for any FARR result item string.

Judykator

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #221 on: January 20, 2013, 04:12 AM »
FarrMilk uses the computers locale settings to parse dates. So if your computer's locale is set to polish and "31 stycznia 2013" is how you'd write a date in Poland then what you're trying to do should work, i.e. if it doesn't work it's a bug in FarrMilk.

My locale settings is polish.

livejamie

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #222 on: February 21, 2014, 06:06 PM »
This doesn't seem to work anymore, I'm unable to get it to authorize.

Any ideas?

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #223 on: March 03, 2014, 03:03 AM »
Worked flawlessly here. What's the exact problem you encounter?

alxwz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #224 on: January 03, 2015, 06:46 AM »
Hi,

is this plugin still under development? Just installed it, and the only thing I can do with it is access the authorization page in the web browser. After authorization (which is confirmed in the browser), basically nothing happens. Every time I type "rtm" in FARR, I get sent to the authorization page again.

There seem to have been some changes to RTM (haven't used it for a long time). I noticed that my Netvibes module (which I also haven't used for long) also doesn't work anymore. A question regarding the Netvibes module has basically been unanswered on the RTM forum for more than a year.