Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 30, 2014, 07:01:05 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Free DonationCoder.com Member Kit: Submit Request.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: FARR plugin: FARR Remember The Milk 1.1.3  (Read 123123 times)
Koenie
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #200 on: October 28, 2011, 07:32:51 AM »

Hey phitsc, any news on the proxy with userid and password? It would be a big help for me!
Thanks!
Koenie
Participant

« Reply #201 on: October 28, 2011, 09:37:24 AM »

So I found out how to configure the userid and password within the proxy dialog, no modification needed!
So far(r) the good news.

I have also the Access violations mentioned higher. I tested with a brand new account and then it works fine. I suppose it has something to do with tasks in my default user, but I have no idea how to find out which one is blocking...

Thanks for your help!
phitsc
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #202 on: October 28, 2011, 10:28:59 AM »

So I found out how to configure the userid and password within the proxy dialog, no modification needed!
So far(r) the good news.

I have also the Access violations mentioned higher. I tested with a brand new account and then it works fine. I suppose it has something to do with tasks in my default user, but I have no idea how to find out which one is blocking...

Thanks for your help!

Please excuse my laziness. I'm currently more in Playstation-mood than programming mood. Good that you found a way to configure the userid and password within the proxy dialog. Would you mind to share, so that I can add it to the help file?

Concerning the access violation: good that you have it! Well, not for you, I know. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to track down the problem last time it was reported because the user reporting it just removed a whole bunch of tasks and the problem went away for him. So maybe now, with your help, I might be able to find out what's going wrong.

If I remember correctly, the tasks he removed were actually ones which were already set to complete (hence he could remove them). The question is how do we find out which one is causing troubles?

Do you have many tasks? And many completed ones? I made a version of the plugin that traces out some info when the tasks are loaded, so you can see which one is causing the crash. It might actually still be on the ftp. I'll check later when I'm home.

Koenie
Participant

« Reply #203 on: October 28, 2011, 10:34:02 AM »

[copy or print]
http://[userid]:[pwd]@my.proxy.server
I do have many tasks, also with special characters (living in Belgium). I'll await the tracing-version of the plugin before cleaning up (eg. removing completed ones)...
phitsc
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #204 on: November 07, 2011, 02:41:58 PM »

Version 1.1.3 is now available. I've found and fixed the crash. It was related to tasks created by email. Thanks Koenie for pointing me in the right direction. Thmbsup

mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #205 on: November 08, 2011, 12:39:36 AM »

Cool  thumbs up thumbs up
Koenie
Participant

« Reply #206 on: November 08, 2011, 01:36:42 AM »

My pleasure and THANK YOU for your availability!  Thmbsup
Judykator
Supporting Member

« Reply #207 on: March 06, 2012, 05:24:00 AM »

The plug has stopped working. An attempt to start it freezes the whole program. It has just a few computers.  Sad
phitsc
Honorary Member

« Reply #208 on: March 06, 2012, 03:48:41 PM »

.... It has just a few computers.  Sad

How do you mean?

Judykator
Supporting Member

« Reply #209 on: August 29, 2012, 03:59:35 AM »

I have a problem that when tasks with longer names - plugin displays only about 196 first characters of the name. Can be done to show the whole name, even the longest?
Saturday24
Participant

« Reply #210 on: October 02, 2012, 10:59:38 PM »

Hi, does anyone else have an issue with recurring tasks that you've completed not showing? Example: I have a recurring monthly task to pay a bill.... after I complete the first months task future instances of it do not show in FARR RTM. Thanks for any suggestions!

Saturday24
Participant

« Reply #211 on: October 03, 2012, 01:20:53 PM »

cheesy
Judykator
Supporting Member

« Reply #212 on: October 03, 2012, 01:39:33 PM »

Reload ??
Judykator
Supporting Member

« Reply #213 on: December 22, 2012, 10:54:21 AM »

Changing the date of a task does not work. Clears the date completely.
phitsc
Honorary Member

« Reply #214 on: January 17, 2013, 07:00:25 AM »

If you mean changing a task's due date: I just tried that and it worked. Can you be more specific in what you're doing exactly (an example maybe)?

phitsc
Honorary Member

« Reply #215 on: January 17, 2013, 07:01:27 AM »

I have a problem that when tasks with longer names - plugin displays only about 196 first characters of the name. Can be done to show the whole name, even the longest?

I just tried with a task having 369 characters and it displayed and worked flawlessly. Can you be more specific in where you see a problem? (maybe make a screenshot)

Judykator
Supporting Member

« Reply #216 on: January 17, 2013, 12:45:54 PM »

If you mean changing a task's due date: I just tried that and it worked. Can you be more specific in what you're doing exactly (an example maybe)?

OK. It all depends on how I write the date. Previously, I wrote, "31 stycznia 2013" (polish 31 January 2013). Like on RTM website. When I wrote "31-01-2013" - it works. What formats does it work?
Judykator
Supporting Member

« Reply #217 on: January 17, 2013, 12:54:04 PM »

I just tried with a task having 369 characters and it displayed and worked flawlessly. Can you be more specific in where you see a problem? (maybe make a screenshot)

screenshot
Only 511 characters. Breaks in the middle of a word "przez"

all text: "Asus planuje portfolio smartfon├│w z systemem Windows Phone 8. By─ç mo┼╝ne powstanie nawet smartfon po┼é─ůczony z tabletem na kszta┼ét androidowej serii Asus Padfone. Benson Lin, wiceszef Asusa, powiedzia┼é w wywiadzie dla Wall Street Journal, ┼╝e koncepcja Padfone'a ma sens r├│wnie┼╝ w przypadku Windows 8. Bior─ůc jednak pod uwag─Ö, ┼╝e w Padfone'ach ca┼éa moc obliczeniowa, jak i sam system zainstalowane s─ů w telefonie, wizja Asusa mo┼╝e by─ç trudna do zrealizowania. Wszystkie systemy Windows 8 - od tych komputerowych, przez Windows 8 RT po Windows Phone 8 bazuj─ů na tym samym j─ůdrze, to jednak za ma┼éo by umo┼╝liwi─ç prost─ů transformacj─Ö smartfonu w tablet i tabletu w netbooka. S─ů dwa wyj┼Ťcia z sytuacji. Jednym z nich jest zainstalowanie Windows Phone 8 w telefonie i Windows 8 w tablecie, z olbrzymi─ů dawk─ů dodatk├│w umo┼╝liwiaj─ůcych synchronizacj─Ö system├│w. Drugim, umieszczenie Windows 8 RT w smartfonie i dodanie do systemu aplikacji umo┼╝liwiaj─ůcych wykonywanie po┼é─ůcze┼ä g┼éosowych. By─ç mo┼╝e pojawi si─Ö jeszcze bramka numer trzy, czyli ch─Ö─ç wsp├│┼épracy nad nowym produktem ze strony Microsoftu i przebudowa interfejsu na dzia┼éaj─ůcy w dw├│ch trybach. W przypadku Androida ujednolicenie platformy nast─ůpi┼éo wraz z premier─ů systemu w wersji 4.0, kt├│ry instalowa─ç mo┼╝na zar├│wno na telefonach, jak i na tabletach. W ka┼╝dym razie, po zapowiedzi ze strony LG, b─Ödziemy mieli kolejnego du┼╝ego gracza ze smartfonami wyposa┼╝onymi w system Microsoftu."

Mayby polish letters - ├│, ─ů, ─ç, ┼Ť, ┼ä generate the errors ??
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 01:13:34 PM by Judykator » Logged
phitsc
Honorary Member

« Reply #218 on: January 17, 2013, 02:29:22 PM »

OK. It all depends on how I write the date. Previously, I wrote, "31 stycznia 2013" (polish 31 January 2013). Like on RTM website. When I wrote "31-01-2013" - it works. What formats does it work?

FarrMilk uses the computers locale settings to parse dates. So if your computer's locale is set to polish and "31 stycznia 2013" is how you'd write a date in Poland then what you're trying to do should work, i.e. if it doesn't work it's a bug in FarrMilk.

phitsc
Honorary Member

« Reply #219 on: January 17, 2013, 02:33:22 PM »

screenshot
Only 511 characters. Breaks in the middle of a word "przez"

all text: "Asus planuje portfolio smartfon├│w z systemem Windows Phone 8. By─ç mo┼╝ne powstanie nawet smartfon po┼é─ůczony z tabletem na kszta┼ét androidowej serii Asus Padfone. Benson Lin, wiceszef Asusa, powiedzia┼é w wywiadzie dla Wall Street Journal, ┼╝e koncepcja Padfone'a ma sens r├│wnie┼╝ w przypadku Windows 8. Bior─ůc jednak pod uwag─Ö, ┼╝e w Padfone'ach ca┼éa moc obliczeniowa, jak i sam system zainstalowane s─ů w telefonie, wizja Asusa mo┼╝e by─ç trudna do zrealizowania. Wszystkie systemy Windows 8 - od tych komputerowych, przez Windows 8 RT po Windows Phone 8 bazuj─ů na tym samym j─ůdrze, to jednak za ma┼éo by umo┼╝liwi─ç prost─ů transformacj─Ö smartfonu w tablet i tabletu w netbooka. S─ů dwa wyj┼Ťcia z sytuacji. Jednym z nich jest zainstalowanie Windows Phone 8 w telefonie i Windows 8 w tablecie, z olbrzymi─ů dawk─ů dodatk├│w umo┼╝liwiaj─ůcych synchronizacj─Ö system├│w. Drugim, umieszczenie Windows 8 RT w smartfonie i dodanie do systemu aplikacji umo┼╝liwiaj─ůcych wykonywanie po┼é─ůcze┼ä g┼éosowych. By─ç mo┼╝e pojawi si─Ö jeszcze bramka numer trzy, czyli ch─Ö─ç wsp├│┼épracy nad nowym produktem ze strony Microsoftu i przebudowa interfejsu na dzia┼éaj─ůcy w dw├│ch trybach. W przypadku Androida ujednolicenie platformy nast─ůpi┼éo wraz z premier─ů systemu w wersji 4.0, kt├│ry instalowa─ç mo┼╝na zar├│wno na telefonach, jak i na tabletach. W ka┼╝dym razie, po zapowiedzi ze strony LG, b─Ödziemy mieli kolejnego du┼╝ego gracza ze smartfonami wyposa┼╝onymi w system Microsoftu."

Mayby polish letters - ├│, ─ů, ─ç, ┼Ť, ┼ä generate the errors ??

512 is a "common" buffer size in computer programs (2^9). It might be a FARR limitation. I'll check tomorrow (or ask mouser).

phitsc
Honorary Member

« Reply #220 on: January 20, 2013, 04:03:08 AM »

Just to confirm what I said above: 512 characters (actually, bytes) is the maximum length allowed for any FARR result item string.

Judykator
Supporting Member

« Reply #221 on: January 20, 2013, 04:12:32 AM »

FarrMilk uses the computers locale settings to parse dates. So if your computer's locale is set to polish and "31 stycznia 2013" is how you'd write a date in Poland then what you're trying to do should work, i.e. if it doesn't work it's a bug in FarrMilk.

My locale settings is polish.
livejamie
Participant

« Reply #222 on: February 21, 2014, 06:06:26 PM »

This doesn't seem to work anymore, I'm unable to get it to authorize.

Any ideas?
phitsc
Honorary Member

« Reply #223 on: March 03, 2014, 03:03:15 AM »

Worked flawlessly here. What's the exact problem you encounter?

Pages: Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.23s | Server load: 0 ]