topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 5:15 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: FARR plugin: FARR Remember The Milk 1.1.3  (Read 286487 times)

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: FARR plugin: FARR Remember The Milk 0.4.5
« Reply #100 on: March 24, 2009, 03:27 PM »
Hi!

I'd like to use this, but I always get something like "Failed to generate authentication URL". Any ideas? Proxy settings maybe?

Cheers

Rico
Hi Rico

Unfortunately, this is one of the unsolved FarrMilk mysteries. I still have no idea what the problem could be. But I'll investigate once more.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #101 on: March 25, 2009, 05:30 AM »
I think the exception error is a conflict with fscript plugins.. if you uninstall the other plugins you have installed, does the rtm crash go away?

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #102 on: March 25, 2009, 09:33 AM »
This was indeed what caused the exception error on my PC. TucknDar, would you mind checking if you can get FarrMilk to work if you remove your fscript based plugins?

(addendum)
To be more precise: The problem only happened when I had plugins with the newer jscript.dll (1.13.0.0) installed, but not with ones using the old jscript.dll (1.8.1).
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 09:55 AM by phitsc »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #103 on: March 25, 2009, 12:24 PM »
I think there is no more need for testing.
After phitsc and I talked, Ewemoa and I looked at the code and I've talked to ecaradec and believe that the bug has been identified specifically.. just waiting for a new version of fscript to fix it. Good teamwork involved in tracking this down.

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #104 on: March 25, 2009, 04:17 PM »
Good to hear!  :Thmbsup:

ecaradec

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blog & Projects
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #105 on: March 26, 2009, 03:04 AM »
I uploaded a new FScript version that fix the issue :

http://e.craft.free....ipt/fscript.1.16.dll

Thank you to all those attentive eyes for founding the bug.
Blog & Projects : Blog | Qatapult | SwiffOut | FScript

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #106 on: March 26, 2009, 09:03 AM »
Thanks for the update!

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #107 on: March 26, 2009, 01:25 PM »
Hi!

I'd like to use this, but I always get something like "Failed to generate authentication URL". Any ideas? Proxy settings maybe?

Cheers

Rico

Rico, or anyone else with the 'Failed to generate authentication URL' problem, would you mind downloading a little tool I made from here:

http://farrmilk.obje...nticationUrlTest.zip

then run it in a console window and send me the output.

If you need help with the Command Prompt application let me know. You can redirect the output to a file like so:

C:\AuthenticationUrlTest>AuthenticationUrlTest.exe > Output.txt

Ric0la

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #108 on: March 31, 2009, 03:18 AM »
Hi!

Cheers

Rico

Rico, or anyone else with the 'Failed to generate authentication URL' problem, would you mind downloading a little tool I made from here:

http://farrmilk.obje...nticationUrlTest.zip

then run it in a console window and send me the output.

If you need help with the Command Prompt application let me know. You can redirect the output to a file like so:

C:\AuthenticationUrlTest>AuthenticationUrlTest.exe > Output.txt

Hi!

Sorry for my late reply. Here's the output:

$ cat Output.txt
FarrMilk authentication test tool version 1.0
http://farrmilk.objecttechnology.com

rtm.auth.getFrob returned:

frob is: ''

Authentication URL is:

Cheers

Rico

PS: Cygwin, therefore the cat.

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #109 on: March 31, 2009, 05:17 AM »
Thanks. Could you re-download the test tool (now vers. 1.1) using the above link and run it again please?

Ric0la

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #110 on: March 31, 2009, 06:54 AM »
Thanks. Could you re-download the test tool (now vers. 1.1) using the above link and run it again please?

Sure:

$ cat result.txt
FarrMilk authentication test tool version 1.1

curl_easy_perform failed!
Error 7: couldn't connect to server

frob is: ''

Authentication URL is:

Please note: I am sitting behind a proxy. No way to go out on port 80 or 443 at all. I have ran your exe from the command line without any other settings.

Cheers

Rico

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #111 on: March 31, 2009, 09:03 AM »
FarrMilk accesses the Remember The Milk API via http REST requests (http://api.remembert...k.com/services/rest/). If your proxy blocks http, you won't be able to use FarrMilk. I'll update FarrMilk to give a better error message (so thanks for your help!). Just out of interest, how do you access the donationcoder.com forum?

Cheers
Philipp

Ric0la

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #112 on: March 31, 2009, 09:07 AM »
FarrMilk accesses the Remember The Milk API via http REST requests (http://api.remembert...k.com/services/rest/). If your proxy blocks http, you won't be able to use FarrMilk. I'll update FarrMilk to give a better error message (so thanks for your help!). Just out of interest, how do you access the donationcoder.com forum?

Hi Philipp

Maybe I wasn't clear: There is no DIRECT way to go out  :D We need to go through the proxy to access the internet.

I don't know how libcurl gets to know the proxy settings of my PC. Does it take IE's settings?

On Unices, you have to set env vars to access the internet through a proxy on the command line (for tools like wget, curl etc). I don't know how FarrRTM does it.

Cheers
Rico

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #113 on: March 31, 2009, 10:06 AM »
I see! FarrMilk doesn't allow to specify a proxy yet. Would you mind to re-download the test tool with the above link and try like so:

C:\AuthenticationUrlTest>AuthenticationUrlTest.exe Proxy

where Proxy can be either a hostname or dotted IP address and port added the usual way (i.e. with : )

Cheers
Philipp

Ric0la

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #114 on: March 31, 2009, 10:32 AM »
I see! FarrMilk doesn't allow to specify a proxy yet. Would you mind to re-download the test tool with the above link and try like so:

C:\AuthenticationUrlTest>AuthenticationUrlTest.exe Proxy

where Proxy can be either a hostname or dotted IP address and port added the usual way (i.e. with : )

Cheers
Philipp

Tadaaa!  ;D  :Thmbsup:

C:\test>AuthenticationUrlTest.exe cache.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080
FarrMilk authentication test tool version 1.2

Using proxy: cache.ch.colt.net:8080

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rsp stat="ok"><frob>4269354f09f11304f8d37346873c6f4dfede585d</frob></rsp>

frob is: '4269354f09f11304f8d37346873c6f4dfede585d'

Authentication URL is:

http://api.remembert...2c27d31c1d5d21126303
28139b&api_sig=49310bc04657fa131655268fe5b00dc2&frob=4269354f09f11304f8d37346873
c6f4dfede585d&perms=delete

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #115 on: March 31, 2009, 10:37 AM »
Ok, cheers. Will build that into FarrMilk asap.

vjcamarena

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #116 on: March 31, 2009, 11:09 AM »
I still love this, phitsc, thanks a lot!

One very small quibble: in the "advanced options" (after I go aplugins-enter) I can choose how my tasks are ordered (which is terrific!).
However, it seems to order tasks filtering in the inverse order!

I'll try to illustrate with an example:
I had "Due date" then "priority". I guessed this would mean first the oldest, and each day, highest priority first.
However it does the opposite for me: it lists first those with a higher priority, then orders amongst priorities by date.

Bug or intentional?

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #117 on: March 31, 2009, 03:57 PM »
Bug or intentional?
Well, tasks are sorted by all ticked sorting criteria in the order specified. For example the default is to sort them first by name, then by priority, which will give you a list of tasks sorted by priority, and tasks with the same priority sorted by name. I have to agree though that this is probably not how one would expect it to be. I'm going to change that.

by the way: you can show the options dialog with the rtm options command.

Cheers
Philipp

Ric0la

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #118 on: April 01, 2009, 01:38 AM »

Cheers mate!

vjcamarena

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #119 on: April 01, 2009, 08:22 AM »
Bug or intentional?
Well, tasks are sorted by all ticked sorting criteria in the order specified. For example the default is to sort them first by name, then by priority, which will give you a list of tasks sorted by priority, and tasks with the same priority sorted by name. I have to agree though that this is probably not how one would expect it to be. I'm going to change that.

by the way: you can show the options dialog with the rtm options command.

Cheers
Philipp

Thanks about the rtm options... much handier (I really should reread the manual!)

I suspect you meant the default setting is to filter by date, then priority then name, which is exactly the order I'd like,
but what I meant is, in order to achieve that filtering, the filters start in this order "name" "priority" "date".

So yeah, it works perfectly and if no one is as stupid as I am (dont fix what aint broken!), it shouldnt be a problem, but since I just figured it out, I thought I could say it. Thanks for offering to change, it IS minor, but hey, why settle for very good when you have perfect on sight!

Also, I figured I could post that I tried the "enable smartlists" and it did slow FARR and rtmplugin, so I could give you my number of tasks and smartlists so you could have some data (if you dont need it just tell me to shut up!  ;D)

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #120 on: April 01, 2009, 08:51 AM »
I suspect you meant the default setting is to filter by date, then priority then name, which is exactly the order I'd like,
but what I meant is, in order to achieve that filtering, the filters start in this order "name" "priority" "date".

So yeah, it works perfectly and if no one is as stupid as I am (dont fix what aint broken!), it shouldnt be a problem, but since I just figured it out, I thought I could say it. Thanks for offering to change, it IS minor, but hey, why settle for very good when you have perfect on sight!
Yes, that is what I meant. The default order is how I wanted it to be, but the way it is specified in the options window looks uncommon. So I think you are right when you suggest that I should reverse it in the options window.

Also, I figured I could post that I tried the "enable smartlists" and it did slow FARR and rtmplugin, so I could give you my number of tasks and smartlists so you could have some data (if you dont need it just tell me to shut up!  ;D)
No, please go ahead. I would be very interested in those numbers. Unfortunately, there is really nothing I can do about the bad performance as the reason for this is a bug in the RTM API (which I did report, but which doesn't seem to be important enough to fix). I was actually happy I found a workaround for it ;)

Ric0la

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #121 on: April 03, 2009, 06:54 AM »

Cheers mate!

Any news here? Eager to use it  ;D

PS: We're neighbours  :up: Seisch wäni cha hälfe  :D

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #122 on: April 03, 2009, 07:23 AM »
Proxy support is done. But I'm adding a couple more things. Should be ready sometime next week.

p.s. we should maybe plan to meet once, just to earn ourselves the donationcoder gatherings badge ;)

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: FARR plugin: FARR Remember The Milk 1.0.0
« Reply #123 on: April 04, 2009, 08:30 AM »
With the three biggest problems finally resolved I feel it's time to make this version the 1.0 release. :D

Thanks to Ric0la for helping me find the cause for the "can't create authentication url" problem. It's now possible to specify a proxy server to be used by FarrMilk in the options window. Thanks also to vjcamarena for pointing out the sort order problem. I've changed that in this release, which unfortunately means everyone has to manually reverse their respective sorting order in the options window (or alternatively delete the FarrMilk.ini file).

And finally thanks also to sean2078 for a very good feature request which I have implemented in this release. When pressing Shift+Enter (instead of just Enter) to add a new task, the user is now presented with a window asking for a priority, tag(s) and list for the new task. The fields can be navigated quickly by pressing Tab (which is common for dialogs) and their values can optionally be stored for the next adding of a task. If one of these properties was already specified in the FARR search box, the respective field is initialised accordingly. If you prefer to always specify these properties in this way (by pressing just Enter instead of Shift+Enter), there's a new option in the options window that will let you do that.

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: FARR plugin: FARR Remember The Milk 1.0.0
« Reply #124 on: April 04, 2009, 08:39 AM »
On a side note, I have four quick questions (maybe someone can comment on them):

1) How can I change the default alias to "t" instead of "rtm" (I've tried changing the override alias in options, but when I try it, it doesn't respond to either command then)

2) How might I change the organizational structure of FARR Remember The Milk so that the very first thing that displays is my incomplete tasks, followed by the "More actions" option?  (I would like to just type "t" and get immediate access to tasks  :D )

3) When adding a new task in RTM, I always specify a tag and priority.  Instead of typing slashes and colons, I would like it if the software had an option to prompt for these values.  So, for example, you type "rtm a testing", press enter, software shows list of existing tags to choose from, you choose one, software shows a list of priorities, you choose one, and then the task is added and the default task list displays.  Would you mind adding this as a feature request?  Under options, there could be 2 check boxes:  "Prompt for tag on add task" and "Prompt for priority on add task".  It would make it a lot easier for me to add tasks quickly.  Thanks!

4) After adding a task using "rtm a", the incomplete tasks list shows which is great, but "rtm a" still remains in the textbox.  Could you please add a feature request to make it so that after adding the contents of the textbox reads "rtm tasks"?  Thanks again.

Great job.  (Let me know if you want me to add this into the software for you securely :Thmbsup:)

S
sean2078

Concerning 2: I've though about this and did not come up with a good idea of how to implement this in a way I like yet. Will think about it some more.
Concerning 4: This is actually a feature. After adding a task, everything but the task's name remains which allows to easily add another task with the same properties (i.e. same priority, tags, list, etc.), just type a new name for the second task and hit Enter again. Nevertheless, this would be easy to implement. The question is would you still want that behaviour as long as you can't have 2)?

Cheers
Philipp