Home | Blog | Software | Reviews and Features | Forum | Help | Donate | About us
topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • December 08, 2016, 11:46:18 PM
  • Proudly celebrating 10 years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Launchers that support virtual folders (cascading sub menus)?  (Read 2612 times)

sri

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Sridhar Katakam
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Besides True Launch Bar and LaunchBar Commander, are there any other applications which can display sub folders & files upon mouse over? Let's say my 'My Documents' folder has 10 sub folders (again, some of them have sub content) and 2 files, most of the free s/w (like LaunchOnFly) can't let you simply add 'My Documents' AND show its content dynamically upon a mouse over. You will have to manually add each folder/file that you want to the menu.

TLB implements this best but isn't free.
Virtual Folders

You can also create virtual folders on the True Launch Bar. When you create a virtual folder, you select the folder's content you want to see in the toolbar menu. It can be any folder on your disk or on a local network (Favorites, Programs, Recent, etc.); or you can add file system folders such as Printers, Control Panel, My Computer, Dialup Network or other similar folders. If you right-click on an item in the virtual folder, you can see a full context menu like in the Explorer window, and you can perform any action from this menu (Properties, Open, Delete...).

LBC doesn't yet have a context menu for the menu items.

So, any other software? Ideally I should be able to bring up the launch menu upon a keypress at the current cursor position.
<a href="https://sridharkatakam.com">My blog</a>
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 05:07:25 AM by sri »