Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 27, 2014, 06:14:41 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2011! Download 30+ custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Idea: Insert System Date From Context Menu  (Read 11682 times)
SirSmiley

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2008, 10:55:42 AM »

This can't be done if by the term "global" you mean within all applications for many obvious reasons. The only solutions have been posted.

If you're referring to "global" in terms of Windows Explorer than the link to the "Simplest way to add a command to Explorer's Shell menu" post is the way to start.

Personally I would do this in vbscript to get/format the date then use the autoit com object for accessing the clipboard. Then I'd add into the Explorer context menu using Fast Explorer.
lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2008, 11:39:34 PM »

talk of coincidence! SirSmiley, i had just finished reading your article here and was thinking that this might be a good solution with an AHK script and i come here to see your post. Cool

Running Scripts Directly from the Context Menu in Windows XP

skrommel
Fastest code in the west
Developer

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2008, 07:12:00 PM »

smiley Have a look here: http://www.donationcoder....m/index.php?topic=13669.0

Skrommel

Please stop by my site at  1 Hour Software by skrommel  for downloads and more info.
Jammo the OrganizedFellow
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2008, 10:25:36 PM »

... You want me actually figure this out for myself?!  undecided ... I need a solution from someone experienced who would deliver it to my doorstep!  That is why I am here.
You may have misunderstood the purpose of this forum and our users.

You don't just come here and request/demand rudely that someone 'deliver to your doorstep' anything!
Many members here have already pointed you to several solutions, and they all seem like viable options.

Please understand that they are trying their best to help you. Please be a little kinder to our members!

You can either:
1. Follow the few solutions mentioned above, and IF they do not work for you, please explain why! That would give us a better idea on how to assist you further.
2. If none of the above suit you, you can always pay for a custom solution.

tongue not all things are free

As an aspiring web developer/designer, it is a constant struggle to cope with my ADHD + Hypomania/Bipolar Disorder.

The slow growth of my web dev projects is eclipsed by my patience, understanding and desire to learn AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE as I slowly progress.

X_____jamjammo_____
Target
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2008, 06:40:50 PM »

another possibility - Fast Explorer

potentially more 'user friendly'

"Look wise, say nothing, and grunt. Speech was given to conceal thought" - Sir William Osler
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2008, 06:21:25 AM »

the arniworld shell extensions look quite cool:
http://www.arniworld.de/downloads.htm
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.035s | Server load: 0.06 ]