topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 10:55 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Icon Target path for MS-Office programs in Win 7  (Read 10672 times)

keyboarder

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Icon Target path for MS-Office programs in Win 7
« on: February 04, 2014, 04:59 AM »
Hi All,

Is Circle Dock still active ? The latest post was 2010... but if there's still someone to answer; (sorry - 2013 saw that too late...)

I'm on Win 7 Ultimate. When dragging the desktop shortcut for MS-Outlook (or Excel, Word etc.) into the dock, the target shows C\Windows\Installer\{90120000-0030-.....}\outicon.exe, which is obviously not the path for the Outlook program itself. When then calling Outlook from the dock I receive the message "not a valid Win32 application". I did the same e.g. with Notepad and other progs and that works perfect. I would appreciate any advise. Anybody please ?

clubinski

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Icon Target path for MS-Office programs in Win 7
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 07:54 AM »
Hi All,

Is Circle Dock still active ? The latest post was 2010... but if there's still someone to answer; (sorry - 2013 saw that too late...)

I'm on Win 7 Ultimate. When dragging the desktop shortcut for MS-Outlook (or Excel, Word etc.) into the dock, the target shows C\Windows\Installer\{90120000-0030-.....}\outicon.exe, which is obviously not the path for the Outlook program itself. When then calling Outlook from the dock I receive the message "not a valid Win32 application". I did the same e.g. with Notepad and other progs and that works perfect. I would appreciate any advise. Anybody please ?

Keyboarder,

What you need to do is when you drag the shortcut from your desktop to Circle dock you it prompts you to change the icon, name the icon etc....

Under the Target text box you should see a button "File..."  Click that and you will have to navigate to your program files folder on your local drive. Mine is C.

In Program Files you must open "Microsoft Office" and locate all the .exe files for each program when you drag their icon to the dock.

Test and verify all is working.

Let me know how that works for you.

Thanks