I don't have more than a hundred or so bookmarks in any bookmark system...
Of course, I've got at numerous bookmark systems
* Work-related bookmarks (and browsing) in Firefox
* Personal interest sites that I'm likely to come back to repetedly (or at least once in a while) in Maxthon
* Project-related searches & sites saved as Groups in Maxhton (different list from bookmarks)
* Odd sites that I probably won't vist that often, but that might interest others, in del.icio.us
* A surf list for sites I want
to visit in OneNote
* Hotlinks for frequenly-visited webcomics & entertainment sites in the K-Meleon install on my thumb drive
I also have a wish list in del.icio.us, which is essentially a special purpose bookmark list.
Despite all this, I usually just go to lifehacker, consumerist, donationcoder.