topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 4:08 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Great Roundup: 15 Tools to Help You Develop Faster Web Pages  (Read 7628 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
This is a really nice roundup, which focuses on profiling tools but includes a little bit of everything..

Response times, availability, and stability are vital factors to bear in mind when creating and maintaining a web application. If you’re concerned about your web pages’ speed or want to make sure you’re in tip-top shape before starting or launching a project, here’s a few useful, free tools to help you create and sustain high-performance web applications.

I’ve tried to include a wide variety of tools that are easy to use, and have tried to keep them as OS and technology-independent as possible so that everyone can find a tool or two.

from http://www.veign.com/blog/

justice

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Great Roundup: 15 Tools to Help You Develop Faster Web Pages
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 03:02 PM »
cheers! would be great if i could actually focus on that instead of having to develop more web pages lol

housetier

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Great Roundup: 15 Tools to Help You Develop Faster Web Pages
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 04:58 PM »
I'll definitely have a look at those tools when it comes to relaunching my websites. atm it's just not worth it, because the whole structure will change soon anyway.

But I intend to use some of those tools while setting things up. YSlow seems especially interesting for its integration with firebug (I would get nowhere without firebug).