Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 16, 2014, 12:29:40 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2014! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: monitor and notify of webpage updates  (Read 2824 times)
kalos

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: June 10, 2008, 08:19:38 AM »

hello

I want to load a list of specific urls to a program and it will check periodicaly for changes in these webpages

I would like to have the option to monitor for updates a specific portion of the webpage or exclude/ignore specific portions

update means new or changed text, links etc

is it possible?

thanks
PhilB66
Supporting Member

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 08:38:47 AM »

Search DC for Website Watcher.
Josh
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 08:44:07 AM »

Website watcher is a great, although high priced, program. I highly recommend it. THANK YOU DC!

Strength in Knowledge
sri
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 09:37:13 AM »

http://www.btinternet.com/~markwell/webmon/

BigJim
Supporting Member

I have seen the light!

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 10:29:49 PM »

Update Scanner AddOn for Firefox, perhaps?

http://updatescanner.mozdev.org/en/index.html

BTW: "Internet Owl" had a lot of potential for this purpose but unfortunately seems to have 'died on the vine' as it appears to no longer be supported. Shame, too.

TruckerJim says "You can go down a hill too slow a thousand times. But too fast only once."
PhilB66
Supporting Member

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 07:20:02 PM »

1. Check4Change (C4C) - a simple Mozilla FireFox extension that allows you to periodically check a web-page for updates.

2. ChangeDetection - an online page change monitoring and notification services.
icekin
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 05:03:55 AM »

You can use Newzie, which is free and still actively updated. Its not as good as Website Watcher, but will do the job well.
justice
Supporting Member

Solve issues simply.

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2008, 05:22:42 AM »

I second ChangeDetection as it checks continually via the web and not only when I got my pc running with software on it.

Perry Mowbray
N.A.N.Y. Organizer
Charter Member

Thoughtful Scribbles

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2008, 06:20:39 AM »

You can use Newzie, which is free and still actively updated. Its not as good as Website Watcher, but will do the job well.

Hey: thanks for that... I've been trying Newzie ever since I read App's post referring to it as the best reader... obviously not investigating deeply enough!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.037s | Server load: 0.08 ]