Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 22, 2014, 07:20:51 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2014! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Saving Personal/Private Messages?  (Read 5590 times)
J-Mac
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: April 05, 2008, 10:03:23 PM »

I have a number of PMs in my mailbox - not as many as I'm sure some of you have, but enough to get me concerned about if and/or when are the mailboxes purged. Some forums I belong to purge all PM messages above a certain amount. And some, I think using Invision PowerBoard, have a stated limit of messages you can keep in your mailbox, but they do allow you to archive your messages by selecting them with a checkmark and then download them to your PC in .csv format.

So I guess I have two questions:

• Is there a maximum number of PMs you can have in your PM mailbox here at DC?

• Is there a download or export feature in the SMC forum software that can be "turned on"?

Thanks!

Jim

"I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath."
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 10:23:21 PM »

i think i saw a mod for this on the simplemachines.org site.
wreckedcarzz
Charter Member

Happy wolfie ^_^

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 10:24:06 PM »

Yes, this worries me too- I have an aging PM from mouser about FTP information, and I cannot lose it.

Will PMs ever be deleted/wiped?

New website! With a fancy domain name and everything! *gasp*
http://www.wreckedcarzz.com/
J-Mac
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 12:39:21 AM »

The mod might be nice, mouser. Like I said, I probably have less PMs than most of the long-timers here. Just would hate to open the mailbox one day and find they had all been purged!  Is there a limit, mouser?

Thanks!

Jim

"I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath."
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 07:54:55 AM »

There is no limit and we don't ever intend on deleting anything.
(I have about 7000 messages and none have been deleted).

ps.
unless you turn off notifications, you should also receive an email with a copy of any message you receive -- so that's another way to keep a backup of all your incoming messages.
J-Mac
Supporting Member

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 02:28:33 PM »

Cool!  Well, that resolves that for me - and the email idea is a great one. I usually delete the notification emails after clicking the links in them. Now I guess I'll save the ones I want.

Thanks mouser.

Jim

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.033s | Server load: 0.13 ]