Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 02, 2014, 11:47:57 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 Next   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: OK - lets get to know each other... who are you, what do you do, where from?  (Read 334185 times)
skwire
Charter Member

Another Coding Snack request? Om nom nom...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #700 on: August 23, 2011, 02:32:57 AM »

Welcome, lofty.  Seeing your name reminded me of an album I like by Harry Connick Jr. called Lofty's Roach SoufflĂ©.  Make sure to read the "Story of the album" section on the Wikipedia entry.   cheesy

larryhawkins
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #701 on: October 09, 2011, 12:32:54 PM »

Hi all I am a 67 yr old male from Louisville KY.  Have been retired since 9/2001.  Was product design engineer in prior life.  Now I do a lot of home makeover and surf the web went time allows.  Found this site from one of the newsletters that I subscribe too.  Looks interesting and enjoyed reading some of the posts in this section ... not sure what I hope to get out of it though.  I downloaded Screenshot Captor as the first program to work with.  Looks like an excellent program.  Larry   smiley
cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #702 on: October 09, 2011, 01:01:38 PM »

Hi all I am a 67 yr old male from Louisville KY ... not sure what I hope to get out of it though.

Welcome, Larry!

I hope you get a lot out of DC.  Screenshot Captor is a good start  Thmbsup

Browse around the various forums/topics, and don't hesitate to join in!

Chris
40hz
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #703 on: October 09, 2011, 02:08:42 PM »

Welcome Larry!

Funny. That's exactly how I got started frequenting this place. Saw it written up on a blog I liked and finally swung by to grab some software. Found the forums, liked the crowd, and been here ever since. It's been great for me. Not entirely sure I've been the same for the site.

Anyway, welcome aboard! Don't be a stranger now you've found us.  smiley

Don't you see? It's turtles all the way down!
Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #704 on: October 09, 2011, 09:07:04 PM »

Hi all I am a 67 yr old male from Louisville KY.  Have been retired since 9/2001.  Was product design engineer in prior life.  Now I do a lot of home makeover and surf the web went time allows.  Found this site from one of the newsletters that I subscribe too.  Looks interesting and enjoyed reading some of the posts in this section ... not sure what I hope to get out of it though.  I downloaded Screenshot Captor as the first program to work with.  Looks like an excellent program.  Larry   smiley

Welcome Welcome Welcome  cheesy

Stick around...ya never know...you may get hooked...

DC is kind of like the Hotel California...you can check-out, but you can never leave!

No trees were harmed during the creation of this message.  Millions of electrons, however, were terribly inconvenienced

"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!" - Dr. Seuss
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #705 on: October 10, 2011, 04:25:36 AM »

DC is kind of like the Hotel California...you can check-out, but you can never leave!
Doesn't that also apply to some terror movies? tongue

cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

« Reply #706 on: October 10, 2011, 08:30:45 AM »

I downloaded Screenshot Captor as the first program to work with.

Doesn't that also apply to some terror movies?
So, you did watch those highly recommended Screenshot Captor movies  Wink

Chris
40hz
Supporting Member

« Reply #707 on: October 11, 2011, 01:32:06 AM »

Hi, My name is Rosa Taylor

Hello Rosa. Welcome to Donation Coder! smiley

rjbull
Charter Member

« Reply #708 on: October 20, 2011, 02:14:45 PM »

Another photo of Frome, Somerset.  According to The Guardian, the town is now a pit stop for celebs gasping for a FairTrade mochachino on the way to Glasters...  but The Grauniad exaggerates.

* resized_P1010437.jpg (284.01 KB, 1228x921 - viewed 186 times.)
cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

« Reply #709 on: October 20, 2011, 06:27:05 PM »

Another photo of Frome, Somerset.
Very nice! I've passed that place (pity about the big fan unit). 

According to The Guardian, the town is now a pit stop for celebs gasping for a FairTrade mochachino on the way to Glasters... 
Well, they are a long way Frome hom. (Looks as if the thorn has had it  Angry )

Chris
Darwin
Charter Member

« Reply #710 on: October 21, 2011, 09:36:37 AM »

Another photo of Frome, Somerset.  According to The Guardian, the town is now a pit stop for celebs gasping for a FairTrade mochachino on the way to Glasters...  but The Grauniad exaggerates.

Frome, Somerset looks a bit like Darwin College, Cambridge:

The resemblance is more clear in my memory! Sadly, I have no pictures that get it just right... This picture is taken from Silver Street bridge.

"Some people have a way with words, other people,... oh... have not way" - Steve Martin
kyrathaba
N.A.N.Y. Organizer
Honorary Member

while(! dead_horse){beat}

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #711 on: November 24, 2011, 07:58:38 AM »

Welcome to all the new folks!  Happy Thanksgiving holiday, for those living in the US.

Win 7 Home Premium 64bit-SP1 AMD Athlon II X2 220 Socket AM3 (938) @ 2.1GHz 6GB RAM Firefox 26.0
_________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm fighting against patent trolls. Join me and tell your representative to support the #SHIELDAct: https://eff.org/r.b6JJ /via @EFF

My DC page: http://kyrathaba.dcmembers.com | My blog: http://williambryanmiller.com/ | Proofreading Service: http://bit.ly/1fQSqQP

youngjohn12
Participant

« Reply #712 on: January 28, 2012, 03:15:03 PM »

I'm a ph.d. student in laptop or computer technology who should have gotten his level about 5 years ago.  Tasks like this keep me regularly in debts and late Sad  matured up in nyc, now existing in area.
Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #713 on: January 28, 2012, 09:50:23 PM »

I'm a ph.d. student in laptop or computer technology who should have gotten his level about 5 years ago.  Tasks like this keep me regularly in debts and late Sad  matured up in nyc, now existing in area.

Welcome!

No trees were harmed during the creation of this message.  Millions of electrons, however, were terribly inconvenienced

"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!" - Dr. Seuss
kyrathaba
N.A.N.Y. Organizer
Honorary Member

while(! dead_horse){beat}

« Reply #714 on: January 30, 2012, 06:35:03 AM »

youngjohn12, welcome to the site!

Win 7 Home Premium 64bit-SP1 AMD Athlon II X2 220 Socket AM3 (938) @ 2.1GHz 6GB RAM Firefox 26.0
_________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm fighting against patent trolls. Join me and tell your representative to support the #SHIELDAct: https://eff.org/r.b6JJ /via @EFF

My DC page: http://kyrathaba.dcmembers.com | My blog: http://williambryanmiller.com/ | Proofreading Service: http://bit.ly/1fQSqQP

BGM
Participant

« Reply #715 on: February 16, 2012, 01:47:08 PM »

Salvete!  I am a Catholic Religious Brother stationed north of Kansas City in the USA, and, aside from my religious duties, much of my work involves computers - graphic design, programming, tech-support, IT stuff.  A "brother" is like a "monk" except that, instead of living in a secluded monastery, he lives with the priests and assists them in their work.  I happen to be stationed at the headquarters for our religious order, so my computer knowledge is of benefit to the entire order.

Flat out, I love programming.  My first language is a little-known language called BCX.  However, I also code in AutoHotkey, .NET (vb), Powerpro, and javascript.  I think I am going to learn the syntax for C#, however.

Being a religious brother, I have the three vows: Poverty, Chastity, and Obedience, so whatever I do must be approved by my superior.  Likewise I have no income, and all my time and mind is devoted to the Church.  However, sometimes I make applications to aide my own work, and as they may be valuable to other people, so I am interested in sharing, and have no mind to make any money doing it, hence my "introduction" here in DC! 

-BGM
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #716 on: February 16, 2012, 01:48:12 PM »

Welcome to the site, BGM!  Thmbsup
BGM
Participant

« Reply #717 on: February 16, 2012, 01:59:09 PM »

Thanks, Mouser!  I have actually been poking around here for a long time.  My profile shows I joined in April 06, 2008!  It is actually from Skrommel's apps that I took to learn AutoHotkey, which I use in my actual work.

-BGM
40hz
Supporting Member

« Reply #718 on: February 16, 2012, 02:00:48 PM »

@BGM - welcome indeed! For once somebody with an unusual (for me at least) occupation. I don't recognize the crest however. Is that your Order or just something you use? smiley

BGM
Participant

« Reply #719 on: February 16, 2012, 02:10:35 PM »

No, the image isn't for my order; it is a symbol for the Blessed Virgin.  Our web site is: http://www.sspx.org.

-BGM
40hz
Supporting Member

« Reply #720 on: February 16, 2012, 02:47:08 PM »

No, the image isn't for my order; it is a symbol for the Blessed Virgin.  Our web site is: http://www.sspx.org.

Thanks! You'd think after eight years of Dominican nuns in grammar school - and eight years of Jesuits between High School and undergraduate College I'd know that wouldn't you?
 Grin

iphigenie
Supporting Member

curiosity FTW!

« Reply #721 on: February 17, 2012, 02:44:27 AM »

Welcome.
As a swiss native, I had a bit of a "hang on" moment when looking at that site... I remember all this. Had no idea there'd be US communities and all, but of course there would.
c.gingerich
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #722 on: April 07, 2012, 09:14:49 AM »

Hello all. I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Chris and I am a IT Administrator/Programmer for an insurance company. I really enjoy making software and my job. I have a few free utilities and one shareware utility (but may be released as freeware). They are listed on my About.me page [about.me/vds]. One (Self Note) was based off of fSekrit as I wanted to see if I could make something like it. I have a bunch of other apps that I never finished, but may finish and post here. Please take a look and let me know what you think!

Redhat
Charter Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #723 on: April 07, 2012, 09:42:34 AM »

Hi Chris, welcome to Donation Coder  Thmbsup

You have some nice looking stuff, I'll take a look! Everyone is great around here, so I'm sure you'll enjoy it  cheesy

What language(s) do you use for your apps?

Matt
TaoPhoenix
Supporting Member

0 - 60 ... then back to 0 again!

« Reply #724 on: April 07, 2012, 10:07:54 AM »

Hallo!

I'm not sure I understood your home page. Where are the shareware utilities?
Pages: Prev 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 Next   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.054s | Server load: 0.06 ]