One of the things i do occasionally at DC is take all the bounced email from the last newsletter and "extract" all emails and then remove them from future mailing lists.
I currently use a freeware email extractor but i'd like to see one with some more features.
This should be a simple project and i can code it myself in a day but i thought i'd put it out there in case someone wants to try it, and maybe make it more general.
So here is my idea for a more general extractor:
0) should be a gui utility (yes i know this would be easy to do with a commandline script).
1) let user drag and drop or add a number of files to process as input
2) show results in a memo with a button to save to file
3) options for specifying the regular expressions (multiple) to extract from each line if found
(the program should have maybe a helper to let you select common things like the regex for an email).
4) options for specifying a list of regular expressions to EXCLUDE from matching (ie if this is found in a regex match in step 3 ignore it)
5) option to reject duplicates.
6) save all options above on exit.
Anyone else have any ideas to add to it? Anyone want to try to code this?