Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 25, 2014, 07:35:24 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the Practical Guide to DonationCoder.com Forum Search Features

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: IDEA: Drop to disconnect  (Read 3284 times)
wreckedcarzz
Charter Member

Happy wolfie ^_^

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: March 08, 2008, 08:33:13 PM »

Anyone familiar with OS X's drag-and-drop interface should know what I am talking about here right off the bat...

What I am looking for is a small program that tells Windows to Safely Remove Hardware when I drag the drive icon onto the program icon.

Ex:

I plug in a drive. Said drive appears in My Computer.
I copy file ABC.exe on drive
I close drive window
I drag drive icon from My Computer onto DropToDisconnect.exe on my desktop
A Windows dialog box appears telling me it is safe to remove the hardware
I remove the drive

Can anyone do this for me? tellme

EDIT: And possibly a key-combo that opens a GUI window allowing me to select (multiple, if need be) items to disconnect? That would be really awesome...

New website! With a fancy domain name and everything! *gasp*
http://www.wreckedcarzz.com/
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 08:55:41 PM »

I'm pretty sure there's a solution here on the forum for a VERY similar request.
Unfortunatelly, i couldn't find it.
I did find a related thread, though: IDEA: Useful desktop icon for USB flash drive

Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 09:07:02 PM »

If you can see your desktop, then using Windows default removable drive thingy isn't so bad. Just left click the tray icon once, then select the drive you want to disconnect. Done.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 09:11:20 PM by Deozaan » Logged

wreckedcarzz
Charter Member

Happy wolfie ^_^

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 09:09:08 PM »

@Deozaan: I know I can left click, but I prefer to hit the large "object" of an icon, rather than have to position my mouse over this 32x32 tray icon. undecided

@jgpaiva: Reading now...

Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2008, 09:41:04 PM »

@Deozaan: I know I can left click, but I prefer to hit the large "object" of an icon, rather than have to position my mouse over this 32x32 tray icon. undecided

Oh yeah, I forgot you like the big icons. smiley

I wonder if there is a way to get an AHK script to do what I said for you. Then you could make a big shortcut to the AHK script.

ak_
Supporting Member

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2008, 04:18:20 AM »

I think USB Disk Ejector could be helpful.

jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2008, 05:43:21 AM »

ak: Usb disk ejector is a perfect solution!!
I've made an ahk script to do what wreckedcarzz initially asked for:

If you want to not have the usb_disk_ejector.exe on the same folder as ejectDisk, just change its path at the top of the script! Wink

[edit] I forgot to mention: you can disconnect a drive by drag+dropping anything inside the drive onto ejectDrive, it doesn't matter if it's the drive itself or not [/edit]
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 05:48:28 AM by jgpaiva » Logged

wreckedcarzz
Charter Member

Happy wolfie ^_^

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2008, 01:44:22 PM »

Kiss IT WORKS PERFECTLY! cheesy

Thanks so much jgpaiva, this will be sitting on my desktop permanently now. Thmbsup

jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2008, 03:01:15 PM »

Glad to know that, wreckedcarzz!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.041s | Server load: 0.18 ]