topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 11:33 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IDEA: Desktop text from file with auto-update (maybe samuraize script)?  (Read 4892 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
I'm writing a program for NANY 2008 which i would like to interface with Samuraize in order to give the user the option to have the desktop show some occassionally (not often) changing stats from the program.

I don't have much experience with Samruaize but it seems like it might be a good solution for me.

So basically i can have my program create a text file somewhere whenever the stats change.  And i can have it run some commandline "update signal" exe if that helps, or send a windows message, etc.

The text will be something like:
Stat Value 1: 39847234
Stat Value 2: 7894
Stat Value 3: 34999
Stat Value 4: 9843453

But i'm basically looking for some help figuring out a general way in which a program can tell samuraize to display a text file in a nice user-customizable way on the desktop.

Anyone with any experience with this? I don't know if it's as simple as configuring an existing samuraize plugin, or writing a new one.

Or maybe even someone has a different suggestion instead of samuraize?  Perhaps a lightweight coding snack program which shows text on desktop would be something someone wants to write to avoid needing samuraize?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 06:16 PM by mouser »

PhilB66

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Check out Samurize PluginPak. Looks like SaveValueToFile plugin - saves a meter's value to a text file, could do the job. Otherwise, check out PageScraper plugin.