I'm looking for a video catalog app which I can use to manage all my videos. These consist of dvd rips, downloads, web videos etc.
What I want -
- scan a directory of files, show video thumbnails
- fetch imdb/amazon data based on title. A lot of catalog apps can get imdb, but they require me to input the title manually for each movie. Almost all the movie catalog apps have this limitation but I guess they are designed for dvd's and not dvd's ripped to a media server in avi format.
- be able to use an external player. Don't care about this if builtin player is good enough (uses ffdshow and has good controls)
- search by actor/genre/title type of metadata
- smart playlists - e.g. play all movies with Al Pacino which I haven't seen. You get the idea.
Some nice to have features -
- bookmarks in the video with thumbnails for each point - like chapters in dvd movie but definable by user. So I can then then got a favorite scene in a movie by just looking at it.
- search for duplicates
- tagging for video files and then search by tag, play counts etc - the nice things mp3 has
- video format conversion
Some really nice and even more specialized features -
- manage, search and download online videos from sites such as youtube
- get movie trailers, link trailer to the actual movie if I have it
- dvd conversion, ripping and burning
I am not aware of any such apps. I think it would be quite useful esp since I have built a media server and ripped all my movies and tv dvds to it, as well as downloaded content.