Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 17, 2014, 10:34:22 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the full one-year retrospective report on DonationCoder.com.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Key-binding  (Read 5276 times)
lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: October 06, 2005, 12:51:34 AM »

hi there mouser,

since F&RR is a keyboard-driven tool, why not have keyboard shotcuts to access the preferences & "configure toolbar" & etc.?

btw, how about an option to clear "Launch History"?

thanks in advance...
best regards,
lanux

mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 01:02:07 AM »

good ideas all; i will add them.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005, 09:29:25 AM »

im having second thoughts about adding like normal hotkey shortcuts like ALT+O for options, because i think we might want to add numbering results by letter like 1.9 A-Z and then letting ALT+letter or CTRL+letter launch.

how do you guys feelabout setting up a special alias group for internal stuff like options dialog.

so for example if you typed something like: options
then it would show a list of results like:
1) Find+Run Robot - Help File
2) Find+Run Robot - Options Dialog
3) Find+Run Robot - Configure Toolbar
4) Find+Run Robot - Visit Webpage

or is that too much typing just to get options?
nontroppo
Charter Honorary Member

spinning top

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2005, 10:56:33 AM »

too much typing IMO. Could we not have a preference setting (even manual input) to specify what keys to use so we can personally work round any possible clashes on a per-user basis?

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005, 01:25:13 PM »

it might be overkill to let people customize the hot key for bringing up preferences.
let's just figure out what to use.. maybe alt+z
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2005, 08:54:56 PM »

or is that too much typing just to get options?

when i come to think of it, this way is much better since alias grouping is F&RR's strong point... ;-)
of course it's not too much typing since one could change the alias' name to something even shorter...

another option i have i mind is pressing & holding down Control key or any other key for more than 0.5 seconds to bring up the preferences dialog...

best regards,
lanux

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2005, 09:03:07 PM »

lanux+nontroppo have combined to have best solution:
1) alias group, use can rename it to whatever they want
2) hotkeys for aliases so user can set whatever they want.
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2005, 09:32:43 PM »

hi there mouser,

so i guess another update is due very soon... ;-)
btw, why not change F&RR's tooltip in the system-tray to include the version number?

best regards,
lanux

Maestr0
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2011, 03:15:38 PM »

I was looking for a way to bind a key to a certain file, but didn't find it in this thread.
Is that possible in FARR? Searches to that extent have not yielded results (to me) :S
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.032s | Server load: 0.04 ]