Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 16, 2014, 06:27:38 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2014! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: aliases to create an email from F&R  (Read 4966 times)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: October 03, 2005, 07:27:40 PM »

two aliases, add *both*.
first one is for email without subject, second one if for email with subject.

see the two pictures for the aliases to create, OR even easier, copy the following text and go to group aliases tab, right click and say "paste preformatted alias groups" (see third pic):
1000>>>email2>->email $$1 subject=$$3 | mailto:$$1?subject=$$3>+>email (.*)\s+(s[\s]*=[\s]*)(.*)
1000>>>email1>->email $$1 | mailto:$$1>+>email ([^\s]+)$

* email1.png (28.2 KB, 528x490 - viewed 304 times.)

* email2.png (28.42 KB, 524x479 - viewed 287 times.)

* groupaliases.png (14.92 KB, 561x376 - viewed 261 times.)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 07:29:37 PM »

one limitation that i need to fix with an update is that subject cannot yet contain spaces.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 07:34:23 PM »

for thos who were wondering why we use regular expressions in these alias commands, this is an example of why, in that its letting us pick out subject info.
nontroppo
Charter Honorary Member

spinning top

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 04:47:05 AM »

This is a single group and fixes the problem with subject lines containing no spaces (but currently set so that subjects can have 8 words maximum):

[copy or print]
1000>>>email>->email $$1 subject=$$2 $$3 $$4 $$5 $$6 $$7 $$8 $$9 | mailto:$$1?subject=$$2%20$$3%20$$4%20$$5%20$$6%20$$7%20$$8%20$$9>n>email $$1 | mailto:$$1>+>^email ([^\s]+)(?:\s)?([^\s]*)(?:\s)?([^\s]*)(?:\s)?([^\s]*)(?:\s)?([^\s]*)(?:\s)?([^\s]*)(?:\s)?([^\s]*)(?:\s)?([^\s]*)(?:\s)?([^\s]*)

BTW I've noticed the first ever crashes of FARR when clicking on this group to edit sometimes (didn't get chance to see what access violation it told me).

And can we get a key binding to bring up preferences - it is a pain when developing aliases to have to click and select the menu item each time (yeah I'm lazy!) Wink

« Last Edit: October 04, 2005, 05:04:27 AM by nontroppo » Logged

nontroppo
Charter Honorary Member

spinning top

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 05:14:56 AM »

Slight update, there is no need for two aliases for this group as the subject is optional anyway for the regexp to match:

1000>>>email>->email $$1 subject=$$2 $$3 $$4 $$5 $$6 $$7 $$8 $$9 | mailto:$$1?subject=$$2%20$$3%20$$4%20$$5%20$$6%20$$7%20$$8%20$$9>+>^email ([^\s]+)(?:\s)?([^\s]*)(?:\s)?([^\s]*)(?:\s)?([^\s]*)(?:\s)?([^\s]*)(?:\s)?([^\s]*)(?:\s)?([^\s]*)(?:\s)?([^\s]*)(?:\s)?([^\s]*)

nontroppo
Charter Honorary Member

spinning top

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2005, 05:23:47 AM »

BTW I also suggest starting all regex's in the future with a ^ as I noticed sometimes other groups match (as their regex didn't have ^ at the beginning so for e.g. matched the subject line of the email group). ^ fixes such problems. I updated the search database to do this.

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2005, 05:29:37 AM »

thanks nontroppo

1) yes you are right about adding ^
2) i've fixed the ability handle spaces at least for mailto and urls (they are automatically converted to %20)
3) i will add hotkey for popping up preferences
4) i noticed an error myself when pasting aliases in, so i will look into that.

5) i will also add an option to main configuration that lets you say that a certain character need to start any alias command
so that if you have an alias called email, and set the option prefix character to $ then it wont trigger any aliases or regular expression matches unless you type $email.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.03s | Server load: 0.38 ]