1) yes you are right about adding ^
2) i've fixed the ability handle spaces at least for mailto and urls (they are automatically converted to %20)
3) i will add hotkey for popping up preferences
4) i noticed an error myself when pasting aliases in, so i will look into that.
5) i will also add an option to main configuration that lets you say that a certain character need to start any alias command
so that if you have an alias called email, and set the option prefix character to $ then it wont trigger any aliases or regular expression matches unless you type $email.