topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 26, 2024, 6:36 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Poll

Should mouser allow his users to rename his products to something more meaningful?

Yes
8 (30.8%)
No
18 (69.2%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Last post Author Topic: Mouser - a plea from your users!  (Read 29520 times)

Tekzel

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Mouser - a plea from your users!
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2008, 09:31 AM »
This thread is a little old, but Im going to post on it anyway!  Take that.

Mouser makes awesome software! But, he doesn't seem to be able to name apps. Hahah.  One thing I hate is apps with phrases for a name.  Just drives me up a wall.  The one that I hate the most (name of course, love the app) is CH+S.  Just horrid and unwieldy.  I don't like FARR but I could live with it.

I like the idea of a unified branding name thing as suggested above, thats cool to me.  And I really disagree with Mouser that its too late to rename his apps, its never too late.  People do it all the time. 

Veign

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Veign - Where design meets development
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2008, 10:24 AM »
Renaming an application after it has been out in the wild for so long would be a big mistake.  The application have reviews and gained some trust out there.  Renaming them now would be a big mistake.

However, holding a naming contest for future applications would not be a bad idea.  I too suffer from a poor sense of naming applications and usually just settle on something since I hate wasting time on it.

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2008, 07:37 AM »
We may have an answer. Mouser can use...

Rum and Monkey: The Name Generator Generator
Rum and Monkey- The Name Generator Generator_1201354528312.pngMouser - a plea from your users!