Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 25, 2014, 02:49:18 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the full one-year retrospective report on DonationCoder.com.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Next   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Draw Cody competition - win incredible prizes!  (Read 55970 times)
nudone
Cody's Creator
Columnist

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: October 10, 2007, 04:41:39 PM »

Cody fans pay attention! Now is  your chance to win some truly astounding prizes - and all of them involving Cody - yes, it is truly amazing!

All you need do is post a picture of Cody to this thread and in a few weeks time Cody will decide upon the winner and runners up. The picture must be an original piece of work, so either a quick sketch or painting will be fine. If you prefer to use a more technological advanced medium then that is also welcome but Cody will judging the images simply by how amusing they are and not on how well crafted - in other words, a quick mess about with Microsoft Paint will be more than enough.

The competition is open to all but it would be nice to see some children's pictures of Cody. Any DC parents wishing to exploit, er, I mean encourage their child's artistic temperament now have a good reason to do so - how else are you likely to win some fabulous Cody prizes?

What are these mind blowing prizes? Look below and gaze in awe...

1. A DonationCoder Cody Mug (unbelievable!)

2. A signed picture of Cody (beautiful!)

3. A deluxe member kit and certificate of Cody Club Special Member (brain meltingly generous!)

4. A special Cody badge in your forum profile to demonstrate you entered the competition (fair!)

and for the overall winner, a signed genuinely unique limited edition of one single print special poster (absolutely insane!! <- look, 2 exclamation marks)

The competition is now open so feel free to submit your picture. Mouser will perhaps mention when the contest will end.

Oh, and Cody says "good luck to all and he can't wait to put the winning entry up on his wall" - yes, he really did just say that, right next to me, just a moment ago.

Cpilot
Charter Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 05:02:24 PM »

No Cody decoder ring? undecided
That's what I really want.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 05:20:27 PM »

i found this ancient Mayan cave drawing of cody:

When the drawing was first found back in 1761 there was an ancient stone pot underneath it which was empty except for one gold coin which had apparently been overlooked by looters who had broken into the cave years earlier.  Villagers tell of a legend of a giant fat white bird or duck who protected the village from downtime and demanded gold coins in return for his service.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 05:21:13 PM »

ps.
For those who don't know, Cody is the little bird/duck mascot of the DonationCoder.com site who you can see in our banners.  
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 04:22:44 PM by mouser; Reason: WTFCODY site was taken offline » Logged
Lashiec

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 05:27:01 PM »

We need a simple rule: Directly involved members with DC can't take part in this contest. mouser, you're ruled out Grin

The competition is open to all but it would be nice to see some children's pictures of Cody. Any DC parents wishing to exploit, er, I mean encourage their child's artistic temperament now have a good reason to do so - how else are you likely to win some fabulous Cody prizes?

Is OK to exploit children even if you're not their father (for example, your nephews)?. If it's OK, I think I can lure, errr, no, talk with someone to do the dirty work for me (I'll get that signed picture!)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 07:27:56 PM by Lashiec » Logged
scancode
Honorary Member

I will eat Cody someday.

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 06:38:20 PM »

Ok, here's my attempt. HTML Transitional 4.01 + CSS Magic.
http://scancode.dcmembers.com/artwork/cody/

edit: added teaser smiley
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 06:52:34 PM by scancode » Logged

Darwin
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2007, 06:40:41 PM »

Nick - I note that the prizes are not only incredible, they are also inedible.

"Some people have a way with words, other people,... oh... have not way" - Steve Martin
Josh
Charter Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2007, 06:54:40 PM »

Is there an age limit? Can my daughter enter?

Strength in Knowledge
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2007, 07:00:32 PM »

of course young kids and nephews can enter!  that's the whole point!
remember this contest is being judged by Cody himself, and i think he prefers little kid scribbles to pro artist stuff.
Grorgy
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2007, 07:10:49 PM »

would seem to me that scancode may have just had that waiting for such an opportunity, i notice under his name it says "I will eat cody one day"  definitely a fixation there  Grin
Josh
Charter Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2007, 07:24:10 PM »

Well, I have taken the perfect picture of Cody. What do you think? I think gravy is required....

Strength in Knowledge
scancode
Honorary Member

I will eat Cody someday.

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2007, 07:51:42 PM »

would seem to me that scancode may have just had that waiting for such an opportunity, i notice under his name it says "I will eat cody one day"  definitely a fixation there  Grin

You're just too damn right :-]

Ralf Maximus
Supporting Member

View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2007, 07:54:20 PM »

Submitted for your appreciation, our first junior entry.  Drawn by 7-year-old Audrey Maximus.

* Cody1.jpg (22.54 KB, 451x600 - viewed 1044 times.)
scancode
Honorary Member

I will eat Cody someday.

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2007, 09:07:29 PM »

Submitted for your appreciation, our first junior entry.  Drawn by 7-year-old Audrey Maximus.

Aaaaaaaaah! How cute! :-]

--
Edit: Is Cody holding an almost-fully-erased coin? Or i'm just too caffeinated? [If he IS holding his coin, 2x cuteness]
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 09:09:54 PM by scancode » Logged

hamradio
Charter Honorary Member

Amateur Radio Guy

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2007, 10:16:56 PM »

Here is one of my quick artworks in PSP8. smiley

Carroll - HamRadioUSA
Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2007, 10:19:03 PM »

Be sure to drink your ovaltine?

Cpilot
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2007, 11:41:24 PM »

Be sure to drink your ovaltine?
Everyday.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2007, 11:57:03 PM »

By the way, may i suggest people might want to try to use DrawSWF, a very cool free program that records a movie as you draw: http://drawswf.sourceforge.net/
Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2007, 01:22:49 AM »

By the way, may i suggest people might want to try to use DrawSWF, a very cool free program that records a movie as you draw: http://drawswf.sourceforge.net/

You asked for it mouser!

This was done by my daughter. Who is -5 years old.

* codydraw.swf (40.92 KB, 800x600 - viewed 1470 times.)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 01:25:22 AM by Deozaan » Logged

Ralf Maximus
Supporting Member

View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2007, 07:55:55 AM »

Deozaan: Too cute!  She captured the likeness of Cody perfectly.

Scancode: Yes, that is indeed a gold coin in Cody's beak.  She drew it then erased it -- dunno why.  Before she drew him she asked lots of questions, like why is he carrying money?  I told her he's a friendly bird that delivers coins to clever programmers.  She liked that.

Actually, I'm impressed the scanner picked that up.  It's not visible in the paper drawing.
Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2007, 09:46:29 AM »

Deozaan: Too cute!  She captured the likeness of Cody perfectly.

Honestly, I did that drawing. It's like my best drawing ever. I spent three hours shading the upper lip.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 05:45:18 AM by Deozaan; Reason: changed link to go directly to quote » Logged

scancode
Honorary Member

I will eat Cody someday.

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2007, 11:58:15 AM »

Deozaan: Too cute!  She captured the likeness of Cody perfectly.

Honestly, I did that drawing. It's like my best drawing ever. I spent three hours shading the upper lip.

Then you deserve a spanking. What's the point on the IMDB link?

Veign
Charter Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2007, 12:09:06 PM »

Ok, here's my attempt. HTML Transitional 4.01 + CSS Magic.
http://scancode.dcmembers.com/artwork/cody/

You could have used my online ascii art application to do those kind of drawings

Make Ascii:
http://makeascii.com/

Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2007, 12:24:11 PM »

Then you deserve a spanking. What's the point on the IMDB link?

I guess you'd need to see the movie to know.

p3lb0x
Supporting Member

Beer, beer, beer, I'm going for a beer!

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2007, 12:27:05 PM »

As you can see. Cody had a nice trip to Venice!

* Cody in venice.png (1068.38 KB, 944x708 - viewed 1134 times.)

Stop mousering people so much - Mouser
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Next   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.061s | Server load: 0.11 ]