topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 26, 2024, 12:10 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Anyone use RoughDraft?  (Read 2901 times)

raybeere

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Anyone use RoughDraft?
« on: January 21, 2009, 02:19 PM »
A workaround for one of RoughDraft's annoying bugs is available. I use RoughDraft for writing some stories, and it crashes (at least on my system) whenever it is already open and I click on another file to open it - even though RD is capable of having multiple files open at once.

Well, the point is, I put together a very tiny, extremely simple AHK hack to get around this, compiled it, and reset my Registry entries to call this compiled hack instead of RoughDraft. It seems to work, and if anyone else thinks it would be useful, I'll put it up on one of the free hosting services for you to grab. If I'm the only one who uses RD, there doesn't seem to be much point. (And if anyone else uses RD, you've probably already thought of this one: it isn't exactly a complicated idea. I just test to see if RD is open. If not, open with the filename passed; if already open, activate the window, open the File, Open dialog, and pass the filename and OK it. The hardest work was making an icon to let me know what the strange add-on in RD's program folder was for...)